Prospect Info: With the 42nd pick in the 2022 draft, the Ducks select Noah Warren

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I don't know where he gets his info but I'm a Gatineau Olympiques fan and Noah is the fastest skater on the team. He may even be the fastest skater in the QMJHL. Congrats Noah!
He watches the players; I don't doubt that he scouts. I just don't understand where he comes up with his characterizations. It only takes a cursory search through clips of Warren skating to see he's an above average skater to say the least.

Anyway, thanks for the input.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal

Attachments

• Vish jersey.jpg
    Vish jersey.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 3

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He was my second favorite player the first year I started watching hockey (After Kariya of course). I was young and had no idea what was going on. He would hit anything that moved. Love that guy I see him around the rink every once in a while.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Vishnevski is one of those 'Originals' that I wish stayed on (like Salei and Rucchin)

Sucks that Burke traded both Salei and Vishnevski. Weren't they still useful at that time?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Vishnevski is one of those 'Originals' that I wish stayed on (like Salei and Rucchin)

Sucks that Burke traded both Salei and Vishnevski. Weren't they still useful at that time?
Vish was traded in a hockey trade, Salei walked (or was allowed to walk). Pretty major changes that summer since they acquired Pronger, so the top 4 was going to be set - Nieds-Beauch/Pronger-O'Donnell. Couldn't really afford guys of Salei's level as bottom pairing guys. We went with Huskins/DiPenta/O'Brien/Jackman in that role.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Vish was traded in a hockey trade, Salei walked (or was allowed to walk). Pretty major changes that summer since they acquired Pronger, so the top 4 was going to be set - Nieds-Beauch/Pronger-O'Donnell. Couldn't really afford guys of Salei's level as bottom pairing guys. We went with Huskins/DiPenta/O'Brien/Jackman in that role.

We got our pick's worth from Rusty for sure. The Ducks had drafting issues for years, but that '96 draft got us Salei and Cullen, who while not superstars were legit mid-roster contributors in the NHL for a long long time. Go look at that '96 draft list, it was horrible ... to get two NHLers out of our first two picks out of that garbage talent pool was frankly amazing.

I had soured on Vish by the time he was dumped. Yeah, he was a fantastic open ice hitter, but put him up against gritty big guys in front of the net or on the boards and he would too often get outfought for position or for the puck ... he wasn't particularly physically overpowering for a guy who hit as much as he did. Games aren't typically won and lost with highlight hits in open ice, it's the unglamorous grunt work that matters more for guys in his role.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Really excited about this guy.
I am really high on him as well, but he will prob need 2-3 years.
He is very Byfield-ey with his size, physical tools and late birthday :laugh:

He has a lot of work to do to put it all together and develop a hockey brain with his incredible physical attributes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad