Prospect Info: With the 42nd pick in the 2022 draft, the Ducks select Noah Warren

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Upside of being a solid, physical shutdown defender, and he moves well? I'll take it. Seems like a player that'll stick up for his teammates as well. Let's hope he develops that ability to move the puck out of the zone.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Seems like he's a bit of a project.

He is.

The tall, physical shutdown type D were pushed up in the draft as Bichsel went 18th, Pickering went 21st, and Lamoureux went 29th. Warren was the last of that bunch, about similar to Lamoureux level/tier. Also, OFD 6'4 Rinzel went 25th.

Here are some stats I found on Warren when doing research on Lamoureux back in Feb/March. The stats were from Feb 26th, 2022, so it could be different at the end of the season (Source, FC Hockey):

RD Warren, Hits Freq 2022.png

This is only for the Q. We see Warren at 1, 2021 3rd rd pick Hinds at 3rd, and 2022 53rd overall Luneau on the list.

RD Warren, Puck Battle Eff 2022.png

Again, we see the trio of Ducks prospects on here, with Warren leading the way. This is good for being a shutdown, physical defenseman type: dish out hits regularly and winning puck battles.

RD Warren, DZ Puck Losses 2022.png

Here's where we notice Warren is a project, along with Hinds. Luneau has better puck handling skills, but Luneau is a puck moving defenseman.

Reactions: ShadowDuck

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Worst case scenario, if the puck handling/moving ability doesn't develop enough to consistently munch minutes at the highest level, with his skating and mean streak you could probably turn him into one heck of a checking winger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Static

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Hoping for better skating Vitaly Vishnevskiy type.

Reactions: Quackenator

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Absolutely love this pick. Was even considering him if they added another late 1st via Gibson trade.
I felt Madden would find that potential Manson replacement in the 2nd to 6th rounds.
Size & Speed on a RD. Sign me up.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
His favorite player is Seth Jones; that'd be amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad