Prospect Info: With the #24 pick, the Wild select (D) Filip Johansson (Allsvenskan, Leksands IF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
We're not, it's a joke. People started using "old English" or whatever it's called jokingly. I'm not actually insulting you.

Well this kid is from Sweden, so shouldn't we be using "old Swedish" (is that even a thing)? :help:

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
I personally use the word fop quite frequently when describing my coworker, usually after seeing what new shoes he has. It's a good word to use instead of the other 3-letter f-word that is now socially unacceptable, even when asking for a cigarette.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
2 points on the season now in 39 games.

ETA: dammit, I really suck at posting images. Never works.

url

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
if they were so smart why couldn't they lead the wild to victory? (while they were gm of the wild) answer they weren't that good as gm.
The worst GM is still smarter and better than any message board poster hopes to be. You.... Experience boy... Everyone who is blasting Fenton because they don't like his moves less than a year in. You have no knowledge of what a player is worth in the NHL... You speculate and when your speculation is not what ends up happening... Man he must suck at his job. It's ridiculous.
Also... If your only measure of a good GM is who wins the cup... Just wow...

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The worst GM is still smarter and better than any message board poster hopes to be. You.... Experience boy... Everyone who is blasting Fenton because they don't like his moves less than a year in. You have no knowledge of what a player is worth in the NHL... You speculate and when your speculation is not what ends up happening... Man he must suck at his job. It's ridiculous.
This takes it too far. At some point fans are allowed to question the actions of GMs.

I get being patient and not jumping to conclusions, especially about players you've never seen play. But there's a world of difference between writing off Johansson the second he was drafted and thinking the Nino trade was maybe not so good.

Reactions: Engebretson

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
lets dissect this shall we. just because a player was on a team that won a cup doesn't mean he'd make a good gm true or false? just because a person was an assistant doesn't mean for sure he'd be a good gm true or false? gms are people right? msg board posters are people right? msg board posters have the advantage of not having to look a player in the eye while making a decision which makes us unbiased! (or atleast less bias than gms). gms are under pressure from the fans as well as the owner whereas posters can think / analyze more clearly. see wayne gretzky who was arguably the very best player who couldn't make it as a coach. (not win anyways). i would have trouble negotiating contracts with players i admit. we could go allday debating this , if you don't get my point you wont ever.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Chia's time in EDM really refutes your whole "GM's are brilliant hockey minds and fans are mindless dolts" theory.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

A guy reading off of a draft guide, and then calling in sick everyday could have done a better job than Chia in EDM.

Reactions: Victorious Secret

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Of course you as fans want to believe you could do better... Would love to see opinions change if you tried. No chance of that though...

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
This takes it too far. At some point fans are allowed to question the actions of GMs.

I get being patient and not jumping to conclusions, especially about players you've never seen play. But there's a world of difference between writing off Johansson the second he was drafted and thinking the Nino trade was maybe not so good.

I don't believe there is as again... You have no idea what the market for Nino was... only speculation.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Of course you as fans want to believe you could do better... Would love to see opinions change if you tried. No chance of that though...
There's a world of difference between appreciating that GMs have to deal with a swarm of practical issues that we might not even be aware of and just blindly accepting that whatever they do is the best possible course of action just because they hold the position.

Reactions: 2Pair

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
There's a world of difference between appreciating that GMs have to deal with a swarm of practical issues that we might not even be aware of and just blindly accepting that whatever they do is the best possible course of action just because they hold the position.
I never said anything of the sort.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
So you don't object to fans being critical of a GM's actions?

I object to fans blasting GM's as being clueless when they themselves are clueless about what goes into these transactions.
Why is Nino a bad trade? Because fans think he should have gotten more... Based on what? Their own speculation and nothing based in fact.
That's what bothers me and I'm well aware I'm swimming upstream here but I really don't care.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So if we can't talk about moves that the GM makes, because we've never been GM's... and we can't talk about coaches decisions, because we've never been coaches... and we can't talk about players' performances, because we've never played at their level... um... so... yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad