With the 1st overall pick... (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I personally have trouble understanding why people are so against drafting defensemen high. Ekblad will be the same player whether he's drafted 10th or 1st, so if he's the BPA, you take him. Using a high pick on him will have absolutely no affect on whatever he becomes.

I don't think people are concerned he will become a lesser player if he's drafted early, it's just that defensemen take longer to adapt to the pro game than forwards. They're looking for a more immediate impact, so they want to go with the forward.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
We should be drafting the best player but this is such a weak draft. I think we should draft Ekblad because he is projected to be the bpa but on the other hand I could care less who we draft because there aren't any McDavid's or Eichel's in this draft that any one of Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett, Nylander, Dal Colle, Ehlers etc... could become the guy or they could become mediocre/busts.

The most exciting part for me isn't who we take, it's if we trade that pick. What will the return really be?

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
We should be drafting the best player but this is such a weak draft. I think we should draft Ekblad because he is projected to be the bpa but on the other hand I could care less who we draft because there aren't any McDavid's or Eichel's in this draft that any one of Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett, Nylander, Dal Colle, Ehlers etc... could become the guy or they could become mediocre/busts.

The most exciting part for me isn't who we take, it's if we trade that pick. What will the return really be?

I think who we draft is more exciting since it's still up in the air. Next year look to be quite boring since you know who the top 2 guys will be and people won't budge.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Dale Tallon is telling gm's he has 1 really good offer for 1st pick overall. Not sure he's going to take it. Other so-so offers as well. -Dreger

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov
Nylander Bennett Reinhart Ekblad all have meetings with Tallon tonite. Kapenen Doesn't #flapanthers

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
I think who we draft is more exciting since it's still up in the air. Next year look to be quite boring since you know who the top 2 guys will be and people won't budge.

You're right. I shouldn't say that I'm not excited for who we pick because when I just wrote that, I'm assuming we get a top 10 pick in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad