Prospect Info: With the 157th Overall Pick the Rangers Select Dominik Lakatos

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I like this pick a lot. His adjusted scoring stats are actually really high (higher than first rounders like Suzuki, Vilardi, and even Lias). Should be an interesting prospect.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I like this pick a lot. His adjusted scoring stats are actually really high (higher than first rounders like Suzuki, Vilardi, and even Lias). Should be an interesting prospect.

Is there a database you're pulling these numbers from?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Nothing real exciting late this year like Duclair, Buch, Day, but I could see this kid panning out.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Does he like dags?

Yes. And he prefers to be paid in caravans. :P

In all seriousness, this is an example (again, as always, based on profile alone) that I can get behind. Overagers in well-scouted leagues I worry about. In the Czech Republic...? There I think you actually do have a good shot of out-scouting the opposition.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Watched some highlight vids and he DEFINITELY has a temper/maturity issues.... :help:

Dubi was a guy with maturity issues. I'm okay with that. We could use a few more guys that are hard to play against. As long as you can minimize the stupid penalties, I can live with some penalties of aggression. We need more *******s on the team.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Gorton seems to be looking for some edgier players. Rangers too soft as it is.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
He has a house in the crease, 7 of his 8 playoff goals came from within 5 feet :D Last one was an empty netter lol

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I loved both Tikkanen and Avery. Not sure though that Lakatos is quite the skater that those two were--maybe a cross between Tikkanen and a smaller Holmstrom. Going to the net hard is a very good thing. Stirring the pot can be a very good thing too. If you know that you can't beat goalies with your shot from 30' and on out then there's really only one thing to do if you want to score goals and that's go to the net and do it a lot. Lakatos has quick hands in close. Some nice finishing there.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I dunno, he strikes me as more rough and tumble, plays with the proverbial "edge", whereas Avery was a flatout dirty player who crossed the line on the regular.

I loved Tikkanen, hated Avery.

Avery was gross but didn't play dirty. What did he do that was dirty?

Tik, like Mess and other players of his era, did stuff that would probably get you labeled as dirty nowadays.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Avery was gross but didn't play dirty. What did he do that was dirty?

Tik, like Mess and other players of his era, did stuff that would probably get you labeled as dirty nowadays.

The worst thing that Avery did that I can remember was sucker punching Smid who wound up concussed--keeping in mind that Smid tried to pick a fight with Sean and then turned away and that's when Avery popped him.

Avery had a talent for aggravation. Really mouthy--he could hit hard and he had a way of getting leverage on an opponent that could make a hit awkward for the recipient. I really don't remember anyone seriously hurt though and he was never over the course of his career--with the Wings, the Kings, the Stars or the Rangers suspended for an on ice play. His one suspension came from the remark he made that was aimed towards Dion Phaneuf. He was no Matt Cooke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad