Prospect Info: With the 157th Overall Pick the Rangers Select Dominik Lakatos

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Another double overager, but had PPG in Czech 2 while also being a full time member with Bili Tygri Liberec. This is for Pesan!!

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Scott Wheeler‏Verified account @scottcwheeler
Lakatos a huge get for the Rangers. He was phenomenal in the Czech playoffs, emerged as one of the best players n the league. 21-year-old.

McD37

Oct 10, 2016
Scott Wheeler‏Verified account @scottcwheeler
Lakatos a huge get for the Rangers. He was phenomenal in the Czech playoffs, emerged as one of the best players n the league. 21-year-old.

This. Rangers got player who should be IMO NHL player or at least excellent AHL player.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
His playoff stats from the extraliga (8 goals, 13 points in 16 games) look promising.

At this stage if you can get one future NHL player out of 4-5 picks from rounds 5-7, it's been a good draft. Let's see what he has in camp.

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
from picks 120 to end of draft, If I had a pick I'd only pick overagers. At least guys who can play pro right away. See what they can do.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Aww, I'm not a Rangers fan, but you guys are making me so happy this draft. First Chytil, now Lakatoš.

Some thought he'd get picked last year but he was unlucky since he missed several international competitions (was invited to the World Championship this year IIRC but suffered an injury shortly beforehand and couldn't go).

Take care of our boys and I hope they both work out for you :)

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Who is Scott Wheeler? Serious question, not being snarky.

I don't follow him but he's verified so I thought his opinion mattered.

His bio: Toronto Star reporter. Writer of hockey, scouter of drafts. Carleton J-School grad. Formerly @globeandmail, @TheTorontoSun, @TheAthleticTO, @PGATOUR, @SBNation.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
Lakatoš is not a great skater but has good size and definitely can score, he is very good in front of/around the net. Annoying to play against (according to some reports though, also annoying to play with). He's gypsy, which is extremely rare for a Czech hockey player.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Lakatoš is not a great skater but has good size and definitely can score, he is very good in front of/around the net. Annoying to play against (according to some reports though, also annoying to play with). He's gypsy, which is extremely rare for a Czech hockey player.

He's a Pikey? Is he a bareknuckled boxer?

I am sorry but if any of that is true he's my new favorite draft pick.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
He's a Pikey? Is he a bareknuckled boxer?

I am sorry but if any of that is true he's my new favorite draft pick.

Haha, no idea. As far as I know, he was always considered a very talented kid but his temper and hot blood were holding him back somewhat. That and his skating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad