With the 14th overall selection in the 2023 NHL Entry Draft, the Pittsburgh Penguins select…

Who would YOU take with the Penguins pick?

• Matthew Wood-LW/C/RW

• Nate Danielson-C

• Riley Heidt-LW/C/RW

• Axel Sandin Pellikka-D

• Colby Barlow-LW

• Trade the pick for- (insert your player trade)

• Brayden Yager-C

• Andrew Cristall-LW

• Ryan Leonard-C

• Other-

• Trade up/down- (insert your deal)

• Eduard Sale-RW

• David Reinbacher-D

Results are only viewable after voting.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Probably unlikely but man would it be awesome to have our own Mercer or Barzal one of these days

20220517mfpenguinssports01-1681938781.jpg

Best I can do is Jeff Carter and 25 mins of Bryan Rust.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
If Benson or Perreault isnt there (or by some miracle someone else falls a lot) I think I'd be fine moving down at least to 22 or something like that if it measb we get an extra pick. We need a LOT of prospects. And I think there's a bunch of players thats on the same tier after the top 10-12 picks (if goes as planned)

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Had a dream we took Barlow. Was slated to be in the later part of the top-10, couple teams were becoming hesitant on his absolute best-case upside, couple others had guys they really liked that were ranked lower by most. Dubas was smoking a calabash pipe on the draft floor.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
Had a dream we took Barlow. Was slated to be in the later part of the top-10, couple teams were becoming hesitant on his absolute best-case upside, couple others had guys they really liked that were ranked lower by most. Dubas was smoking a calabash pipe on the draft floor.
Hopefully this comes true- and not just the drafting Barlow part.

I think that, looking back in 5 years, Barlow is going to be a consensus top 5 guy in redrafts. He seems like a pretty sure bet to make it as a complimentary power winger, and pretty soon, too.

Reactions: Dominance

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Ideally, Dubas has some trade offers more or less worked out but is waiting to pull the trigger to see who falls our way. Barlow, for example, is easy to see making the team in only a year and should be snapped up if he falls. But if we’re looking at a range of players who all are 2-3 years out, then I hope he calls up someone like Chicago and works a 14 + Granlund for 19 + 2nd trade.

Reactions: Andy99

Jesse

Jun 28, 2005
Pittsburgh

If this happens, you need to change from the iconic Gene-stache to the Barlow-stache. It's written in the stars.

Reactions: Jacob

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I haven't been following the draft as closely as some, but what I've been able to gather about this class is that there's a clear top 5 or 6, then like 15-20 guys that nobody can reach a consensus on. To me, that screams trade back. Not like 20 spots, just a handful to accrue some of that draft capital we've spent over the years. Restock the cupboard. Then take BPA regardless of position.

I like the short kings, so thats maybe Andrew Cristall range. Doesn't Dubas have a stereotype for shawtys? Undersized skill guys?

Reactions: Andy99

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Hoping we take one of Benson, Perreault, Yager, Moore if we stick at 14, but there are others that would be solid picks too. One of the three RDs, for instance.

Let's go!
Benson and Perreault are my best case scenario. If they're not there I'm all for trading down.

Do not want Moore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad