With the 14th overall selection in the 2023 NHL Entry Draft, the Pittsburgh Penguins select…

Who would YOU take with the Penguins pick?

• Matthew Wood-LW/C/RW

• Nate Danielson-C

• Riley Heidt-LW/C/RW

• Axel Sandin Pellikka-D

• Colby Barlow-LW

• Trade the pick for- (insert your player trade)

• Brayden Yager-C

• Andrew Cristall-LW

• Ryan Leonard-C

• Other-

• Trade up/down- (insert your deal)

• Eduard Sale-RW

• David Reinbacher-D

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
Edit: Post #138 here has a good briefing of the players available.
Also you can check out this thread linked below (the first post has a great prescription of each player available to us). March 2023 Draft Rankings/Mock
—————

I’m hoping to do something like the following but then add to it as I go through the thread. This isn’t a full write up on him as I’d like more intake from interactions on here then just me repeating something that can be googled and putting it into my opinion only. I think we can evaluate better as a group that way. Since it’ll only be a handful of players with not that much time to find a new GM in Pittsburgh we may as well see if we qualify as the interim and get to know as much about the player as possible. Quality over quantity.

Colby Barlow
Comparison(s): Timo Meier

Like a James Neal.

LW
6’1” 187

59 GP: 46 G 33 A 79P

Traits, skates, and takes; When you see Captain Colby skate you think of scoring touches from the moment he has the puck. The type of guy who when in control, the opposition fan is holding their breath. Plays similar to Timo Meier and looks like James Neal on the ice. Cue the Neal (Colby) Armstrong jokes.

as long as he moonwalks his way to the net so be it…

He goaled his way to 46 in 59 outings with 14 of them coming in the way of Specials (1 short handed goal). He had 296 shots on net. What Jake is to Sid. I think Colby Barlow would be to Malkin.

He is capable of being a Left handed Right Wing for Line 1. And again, a LW for line 2 if that’s where he ends up. Either way he’s a top 6 winger.

Ranks 8 to 15th overall.
————

Last edited:
Reactions: RxPens and Djfan

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
I hope they trade the pick for Reaves tbh
Lol. Not with us picking this high. May as well salvage a bad season with a Cole Caufield / Dawson Mercer / or Matthew Boldy type.

I do have us signing Reaves as a free agent though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Djfan

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
I would love Michkov next to Malkin but unless we trade up…

Who cares who they pick? The player will either max out as a 4th line grinder or he won't ever play in the lineup because he can't adapt his game from being a scorer to being a 4th line grinder.
I do. I’m still a fan no matter who is managing. But I get your frustration. Which is why I’m forwarding all my anger towards this and not burying it in the other threads. Too negative for me right now.

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
I have my reasons

In time

You'll understand
Lol but seriously. Just go to any mock draft and pick the name of anyone in the top 10. Get to know that name. And then throw your remote when Hextall doesn’t pick that name. Or break your phone. Same thing.

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
If it’s that low trade it.

Nothing at that range is doing anything for us unless we hit a home run.
With Sullivan around not sure if he will ever play. So yeah I’m 50/50 on the trade option. Problem is, Hextall is better at drafting than trades. And this is a depth draft. Ie. The 15th pick this year would be like 8-12 last year (22’ draft).

Such as the names listed above.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
With Sullivan around not sure if he will ever play. So yeah I’m 50/50 on the trade option. Problem is, Hextall is better at drafting than trades. And this is a depth draft. Ie. The 15th pick this year would be like 8-12 last year (22’ draft).

Such as the names listed above.

This draft sucks after the top ten.

Move that pick for Helle or Saros.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
That’s your problem. I can already tell you spend no time getting to know these prospects if you think it’ll take 5 years. Next:

I think there are 5-7 franchise players in this draft. After that I don’t see it being that deep and the stuff I follow is right in line with that.

As I said, unique draft in terms of top tier talent. If we get a top ten pick we probably pull someone good.

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
I think there are 5-7 franchise players in this draft. After that I don’t see it being that deep and the stuff I follow is right in line with that.

As I said, unique draft in terms of top tier talent. If we get a top ten pick we probably pull someone good.
So 100 percent of draft experts are wrong and you are right. Why don’t you quit your job and take up your calling?

Reactions: Nfumass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad