Prospect Info: With the 129th pick in the 2020 draft, the Ducks select Artyom Galimov

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
This obviously proves he is better than Panarin :sarcasm:

But comparing when they should had drafted (Panarin 2009 and Galimov 2017), in their D+4 years Panarin had just shy of 0.5PPG in the KHL. Galimov now trends just above it. After that season Panarin took 2 years before being clearly too good for KHL and left it for Chicago where he was an immediate impact player.

Galimov doesn't seem to have that much skill (or I have not seen it) as Panarin, but he still has some nice traits.

Dick Steel

May 11, 2019
Finland
Galimov is a long shot. But 129th pick is worth to try. I loved that what Columbus take their #22 at first round pick(Chinakhov). So much talent are available in Russia what Ducks we are left a table before.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Galimov is a long shot. But 129th pick is worth to try. I loved that what Columbus take their #22 at first round pick(Chinakhov). So much talent are available in Russia what Ducks we are left a table before.
Which were the realistic pics that we passed on?

Anyway, Galimov was not playing last game.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Wow. This appears to be an extremely high skilled player

I sure hope he’s interested in playing in NA after his current contract

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Wow that edge work is impressive for sure.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Looks a bit like a left-handed Panarin there. Looks like he might've been a great find. What a play, we need more players who can make dynamic plays like that

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Hopefully we see him in a few years. I like that he couples some obvious skill with reports of being good defensively as well. Could be an interesting third line center if things work out.

A few years out is just tough to get excited about though, so many variables. I guess that's no different from any other prospect.

Reactions: Kalv

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He’s an elite offensive prospect. Obviously his biggest question mark is his willingness to come over.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He’s an elite offensive prospect. Obviously his biggest question mark is his willingness to come over.
He has not been consistent this year, his numbers are not wordbreaking. but he has some flashes for sure. There's a lot to improve in his game

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He has not been consistent this year, his numbers are not wordbreaking. but he has some flashes for sure. There's a lot to improve in his game

14 points in 37 games as a 21 year old playing third line numbers in the KHL is pretty good. He’s obviously not on an elite prospect level and there’s risk involved but he’s certainly got high end offensive upside.

Reactions: Doothpick and Kalv

Sniperberg

Mar 30, 2017
Good news!
I have managed to catch a few of them AkBars games this year and Galimov is pretty exciting. Had a really slow start, got bumped down the lineup, started producing and is bossing around now. He sure is improving from last season even though the team has lost a lot of key-players from last year.

Hope they try to bring him over soon-ish.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Good news!
I have managed to catch a few of them AkBars games this year and Galimov is pretty exciting. Had a really slow start, got bumped down the lineup, started producing and is bossing around now. He sure is improving from last season even though the team has lost a lot of key-players from last year.

Hope they try to bring him over soon-ish.
Yet to re-sign with Ak Bars. Any word that he is signing with the Ducks?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
He wouldn't be in my top 3 (or even top 5), but not too long ago Terry was considered a top 3 prospect here when he was also a 5th round pick.
Terry did lots of obviously good things in college for people to get excited about. This kid has some highlight reel hands every once in a while but his production kinda sucks and its getting worse.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
A 5th round pick from 2 years ago is in your top 3?

He wouldn't be in my top 3 (or even top 5), but not too long ago Terry was considered a top 3 prospect here when he was also a 5th round pick.

I understand it's a bit of a reach, but looking at some of his reports, and judging by some observers of the KHL he has improved each year. I rank a professional league over Major Junior any day.

He's playing in a league that doesn't really give that much attention to younger players. For him to get PP time, PK time and be a force on offense is really saying something.

I've been excited about this pick for a long time. If he makes it over I would be happy, if not then it is what it is.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
He didn't really seem to have all that of an impressive season in the KHl. 22 pts in like 47 games. Isn't the KHL generally considered around the same quality as the AHL?

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
1656086152534.png

Looks like he has a neck tattoo and a lazy eye (or just an awkward face for the camera)

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I don't disagree at all. My point was just because he was a 5th round pick from a few years ago, doesn't mean that much.

It means enough for most to think he isn't a top 3 prospect in this organization at this point. Saying where a player is drafted "doesn't mean that much" because there are exceptions is a little silly.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
It means enough for most to think he isn't a top 3 prospect in this organization at this point. Saying where a player is drafted "doesn't mean that much" because there are exceptions is a little silly.

I disagree. Prospects are completely unpredictable and all of us don’t watch or follow each one equally. If you look back at prospect ranks in the past, none of us have any clue will how they develop or who’s the “better” prospect. I don’t think he’s a top prospect either, but I think taking a shot using draft spot is silly.

It’s not a big deal though. I know no harm was meant. I think enough has been said about this though. Don’t want to drag out something small like some others might.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad