Prospect Info: With the 115th pick in the 2016 entry draft, the Ducks pick - Alex Dostie

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
I hope Dostie is our first prospect to get a cup of coffee this season. He’s tied for 2nd on the Gulls in goals, and is having a bunch better AHL season than last where he ended up getting demoted to the ECHL. I think he’s earned 3 games.
He's also shooting at almost a 40% rate, and for a player known to be more of a playmaker, the fact that he's only got 2 assists so far in the season is mildly concerning. The fact that he's an underdog story doesn't mean we should prioritize him over any of the numerous other players on that team that deserve call-ups more -- Sherwood, for one.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He's also shooting at almost a 40% rate, and for a player known to be more of a playmaker, the fact that he's only got 2 assists so far in the season is mildly concerning. The fact that he's an underdog story doesn't mean we should prioritize him over any of the numerous other players on that team that deserve call-ups more -- Sherwood, for one.

Yeah Dostie wouldn’t even be top 5 in guys who deserve a call up. Sherwood, Comtois, Carrick, Lundestrom among others are clearly ahead. Him riding an unsustainable goal scoring streak doesn’t mean he’s all of a sudden going to get a call up for the sake of it.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Yeah Dostie wouldn’t even be top 5 in guys who deserve a call up. Sherwood, Comtois, Carrick, Lundestrom among others are clearly ahead. Him riding an unsustainable goal scoring streak doesn’t mean he’s all of a sudden going to get a call up for the sake of it.
well for one, Carrick isn’t a prospect, and I was referring to players that hadn’t made their NHL debuts yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad