With McClement gone, Who takes over the Alternate Captaincy

Portse91

Sep 18, 2013
Why so much love for Lupul over Kessel? Maybe some haven't noticed but Phil has stepped up big time post lockout with his leadership abilities and community involvement. I think it's fair to say that no leaf is seen on TV or Twitter doing as much charity work and community events as him. He's the straw that stirs the drink for this team and if he continues to involve himself in the community as he has been and if his presence is felt in the room, I don't think it's far fetched to see him as a captain candidate in the future.

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
Kessel for me should be our leader. Giving him an assistant doesn't hurt us. I just don't wanna see it given people like Gunnerson who doesn't do anything as an assistant he should be doing.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Kontiola should be given the 'A', dude knows how to deal with the media :sarcasm:

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I'd give it to Kessel. He's our best player so why the heck not. If Bozak can play like he did last season then I don't see why not.

Radomon

Jun 1, 2004
Stockholm
I'm often against this but since it's pretty common the best player on the team gets the C I think Kessel at least should get an A, while Lupul keeps his A and Phaneuf keeps his C.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Shouldn't we be more concerned with who will be Alternate Captain as that is what the role is called?

TMLifer

Jan 8, 2011
Toronto
Teams designate alternate captains, who are sometimes referred to erroneously as "assistant captains". But who cares when we all know they mean the same thing...

C - Dion Phaneuf
A - Joffrey Lupul
A - Jonathan Bernier :sarcasm:

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Once somebody becomes alternate captain, they also get to control the iPod in the room -- Franson could wear the "A" next :sarcasm:

Tyler Biggs*

They lost their best face off man and penalty killer, should have signed McClement!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad