Line Combos: With Matthews+Nylander back, What does the roster look like?

luvdahattymatty

Apr 8, 2018
Gramps here. Fun thread. Lets keep it like that. I will take my shot at roster drop and lines. No matter which way it goes we are gunning for the Cup this year folks!!!!!

Marincin gets waived. Babs probably does not like it but he has played in league and everyone knows what he is. Holl and Leivo are still unknowns and much risk with waiving them. Ennis playing too well recently to waive. Goat is other guy who i thought might go. But when i read post about not waiving centres when we have no backup in system that turned my vote around. I think that is right way of thinking it through.

Line I would love to see
Kappy Matty Nylander make a go of it but doubt Babs tries it (likely marleau slips in hereand kappy to kadris line)
Hyman Tavares Marner to good to break up
Marleau Kadri Brown i just think somethingis wrong here but after last nights game i can't drop Brown right now
Leivo Lindholm Ennis again outside 1 shift they played great last night and hard to change success
That leaves me with Johnsson as extra right now which i don't like but his overall play over first part of season has been the weakest
Goat stays up as 2nd extra

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Here's a good question for clarity: are agents with RFA's up next year more happy today than yesterday? The answer provides perspective that slices through our "takes".

Again, I'm on board, but let's not kid ourselves what happened here, a guy with no real leverage got pretty much everything he wanted. Well played.

Reactions: ToneDog

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Deadline deal: 2019 2nd+Timashov for Hagelin (50% retained)

Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Hagelin-Kadri-Kapanen
Johnsson-Lindholm-Brown
Gauthier-Leivo

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov
Marincin-Holl

Andersen-Sparks

Easily a cup contending team

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
TBH I'm probably one of the few my age that gets to honestly answer I'm not on any meds.

I don't expect many changes in the lines, just players getting bumped down a spot with Matthews and Nylander back in the line-up.
You had Lindholm as your 1C

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Seeing these lines...it's never been clearer that this team is a top 4 RHD away from being a real threat.

Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Johnsson
Ennis - Lindholm - Brown

Reilly - X
Gardiner - Hainsey
Dermott - Zaitsev

That's a contender!

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I think Babs experiments with Matthews LW and with Kardis LW/RW, I think Babs is ready to take a serious Cup run now, I can also see Hyman being moved off the Tavares line, Babs just put on his serious pants, let's see how he handles this.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Gramps here. Fun thread. Lets keep it like that. I will take my shot at roster drop and lines. No matter which way it goes we are gunning for the Cup this year folks!!!!!

Marincin gets waived. Babs probably does not like it but he has played in league and everyone knows what he is. Holl and Leivo are still unknowns and much risk with waiving them. Ennis playing too well recently to waive. Goat is other guy who i thought might go. But when i read post about not waiving centres when we have no backup in system that turned my vote around. I think that is right way of thinking it through.

Line I would love to see
Kappy Matty Nylander make a go of it but doubt Babs tries it (likely marleau slips in hereand kappy to kadris line)
Hyman Tavares Marner to good to break up
Marleau Kadri Brown i just think somethingis wrong here but after last nights game i can't drop Brown right now
Leivo Lindholm Ennis again outside 1 shift they played great last night and hard to change success
That leaves me with Johnsson as extra right now which i don't like but his overall play over first part of season has been the weakest
Goat stays up as 2nd extra

AJ has 6 points in his last 4 games. Finally found his groove. He's not going anywhere.

Reactions: supermann_98

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnnson-Kadri-Kapanen
Leivo-Lindholm-Brown

It's a shame Babcock is most likely gonna demote AJ to the fourth line and keep Brown on that third line. Even though AJ has been on fire as of late. SMFH.

Reactions: supermann_98

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Deadline deal: 2019 2nd+Timashov for Hagelin (50% retained)

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Hagelin-Kadri-Kapanen
Johnsson-Lindholm-Brown
Gauthier-Leivo

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov
Marincin-Holl

Andersen-Sparks

Easily a cup contending team

We need to strengthen our D more than we need Hagelin (who I like BTW).

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Where does Nylander fit on the PP? #1 or #2?

Option #1

PP#1
Matthews Tavares Nylander
Rielly Marner
PP#2
Marleau Kadri Johnsson
Gardiner Kapanen/Leivo

or Option #2

PP#1
Matthews Kadri Tavares
Rielly Marner
PP#2
Marleau Nylander Johnsson
Gardiner Kapanen/Leivo

Reactions: FADYB

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnnson-Kadri-Kapanen
Leivo-Lindholm-Brown

It's a shame Babcock is most likely gonna demote AJ to the fourth line and keep Brown on that third line. Even though AJ has been on fire as of late. SMFH.

Would put Johnsson on Kadris right for sniping purposes.

Kapanen-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Johnsson
Ennis-Lindholm-Brown

FabledKnight

Feb 20, 2008
I would separate Ny and Matthew's. Kadri needs a creative guy as so does Marleau plus Matthew's with the kids been solid.

Hymen JT Marner
Johnsson Matty Kaps
Marleau Kadri Nylander
Leivo Lindholm Brown

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnnson-Kadri-Kapanen
Leivo-Lindholm-Brown

Marleau seemed lost on the Matthews line, I think Johnsson may take that spot from him.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
What I’d like to see

Kappy-Matthews-Willy
Marleau-JT-Marner
Johnsson-Kadri-Hyman
Leivo-Lindholm-Brown
Ennis/Goat

PP1
Matthews-Tavares-Marner-Leivo (Kadri spot)-Rielly

PP2
Nylander-Kadri-Kapanen-Marleau-Gardiner

But Babs gonna Babs

Reactions: PuckMagi

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I think it is nearly impossible for Babcock to put Brown on the 4th line.
funny thing was... Babcock started Brown on the 4th line last year after he put up 20 goals the year before.

Then when he didn't do as well last year, he was put with Matthews in the playoffs... and now he's on the 3rd line even though Leivo and Ennis have looked better than him so far.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen
Leivo-Lindholm-Brown
Ennis/Gauthier

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov
Marincin