With Emelin in, who's out?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Tinordi's ready. He should be in the lineup. Worst case scenario he makes the same mistakes Bouillion would but he learns from it.

Beaulieu is clearly not ready yet.

Tinordi is not ready. Beaulieu looked better than him in his call-up, and beaulieu isn't ready yet either.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Play Murray the next few games. See how it goes. Maybe switch them around once in awhile if they are both doing ok, otherwise go with whoever is doing better. But we know it will just be Bouillon playing, Murray sitting, for whatever fleeting period of time remains before our next injury on D.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Tinordi's ready. He should be in the lineup. Worst case scenario he makes the same mistakes Bouillion would but he learns from it.

Beaulieu is clearly not ready yet.

As much as I'm jonesing for a defensive overhaul featuring the upcoming prospects, I have to believe Tinordi will benefit more in Hamilton than in Montreal. We underestimate how much of this game is mental. Tinordi's confidence needs to match his body.

nodice

Registered Lurker
Feb 3, 2009
Vancouver
16272p4.jpg

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I voted to rotate Bouillon and Murray. Right now, Bouillon's been miles ahead (which doesn't say much), but I still think Murray is in his training-camp phase with timing and the team's system. He's better than what we've seen (how could he not be...) and has a role to fill.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Play Murray against big/strong/physical teams. (Phi, Bos, Tor, etc.)
Play Bouillon vs the speed/less physical teams (as he is not as slow as Murray). (TB, Fla, Car, etc.)

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Play Bouillon, Sit Murray, Leave Tinordi in the minors for the rest of the year. Call Murray up when we need a physical force.

Lionel Mandrake

Murray - Diaz looks more balanced to me as a 3rd pair than Bouillon - Diaz. They complement each other better. In an ideal world it would be Tinordi or Beaulieu and neither Murray or Bouillon, but unless they really progressed in Hamilton since the start of the season, both looked completely lost in their own zone.

Where is the option "trade for a better bottom D"?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I voted to rotate Bouillon and Murray. Right now, Bouillon's been miles ahead (which doesn't say much), but I still think Murray is in his training-camp phase with timing and the team's system. He's better than what we've seen (how could he not be...) and has a role to fill.

believe it or not, but the Murray you see now IS the Murray we'll have whole season, he wont get any better.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Tinordi is not ready. Beaulieu looked better than him in his call-up, and beaulieu isn't ready yet either.
I don't think Tinordi would be any worse than Bouillion is. I'd play him on the 3rd pairing and let him make his mistakes.
As much as I'm jonesing for a defensive overhaul featuring the upcoming prospects, I have to believe Tinordi will benefit more in Hamilton than in Montreal. We underestimate how much of this game is mental. Tinordi's confidence needs to match his body.
Es tu Lshap?

TofoEmptyNt

Nov 10, 2013
Ontario
Play Bouillon. He's a better skater than Murray or Tinordi, handles the puck better and is physically solid.
Yes, his offensive instincts are terrible but he's a 3rd pairing D. Just get him off the power play already.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Play Murray, his physicality complements the rest of our D, and with Emelin eating minutes now we can use Murray more sparingly. Cube is a good 7th because he does many different things just 'okay'.

KoZed

Mar 28, 2009
Q
Emelin - Subban
Markov - Gorges
Murray - DREWISKE!

Ok... kidding. Murray - Diaz as 3rd pair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad