With Emelin in, who's out?

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
A critical and telling coaching decision is upcoming this weekend: who will MT sit in favour of Emelin?

IMHO it should be Bouillon. I feel that Emelin will be eating many of the same minutes as Bouillon does, the most notable being on the 2nd PP wave next to Diaz.

That being said, I believe MT will sit Murray, even if I believe Murray offers more to the team, in his sheltered role, than Bouillon does overall.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Bouillon is -9 at 5 on 5
He 's not playing on the PK
He's a problem on the PP

Murray is really helping th PK
He's brings a physical presence on the left

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Murray - Diaz

Seems like the best possibility!
Let's hope Therrien learn is lessons about favoritism (DD)

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Bouillon is given time in OT and in last minutes of the game... Him out of the lineup is just wishful thinking

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Bouillon is -9 at 5 on 5
He 's not playing on the PK
He's a problem on the PP

Murray is really helping th PK
He's brings a physical presence on the left

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Murray - Diaz

Seems like the best possibility!
Let's hope Therrien learn is lessons about favoritism (DD)

What's wrong with you, Subban on the second pairing? 0/10 would not read again.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Probably won't happen but I'd rather see them deal Diaz or Gorges in a package for a 1st line RW

Cube & Murray are an ok 5/6, D hasn't been our problem and we have Beaulieu, Tinordi & Pateryn waiting in the wings if needed, we got nobody in the system to take over top line RW - maybe Collberg in 2-3 years

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
... Probably playing with 7 D at first.
I don't want Emelin playing 20 minutes out there for the first few games.

Then Bouillon and Murray rotating. Hopefully Murray playing more than Bouillon.

hogtownhabsfan*

Boullion hasn't been anywhere near as bad as this board makes him out to be.

Sure DD has been dreadful, but that doesn't make every player that is short and/or french dreadful as well! :laugh:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
What's wrong with you, Subban on the second pairing? 0/10 would not read again.

Hmmm, it's about balance....put Gorges-Subban as your first if you'd like!!
But pairing Markov with Emelin will let Markov concentrate on his offensive game.
Same for Subban playing with Gorges.

The plan is to have one puck-moving defenseman on EVERY pairing (Markov-Subban-Diaz) to generate more offense on every shift.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Murray is just now rounding into form. He had no training camp, was surrounded by new teammates. He is not the fastest but his positioning is stellar, reminds me of a meaner Hal Gill. If MT sits him in favor of a clearly over the hill Bouillon I will blow a gasket. Diaz is another player who is not very good at any one thing but just average enough to log tons of ice time.
With players like Diaz and Bouillon the Habs will never be a contender.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
I don't really care between Murray or Bouillon. But i'd prefer Bouillon out. At least he won't be on the PP anymore.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Pretty much. Bouillon's PP excellence is far too valuable.

Besides hitting though, there is nothing Murray can do that Bouillon can't do (better).
Well, he doesn't handle the puck as much as Bouillion does... that's a plus 'cause Bouillion sucks with it. At least Murray knows he sucks with it.

If nothing else I'll be happy that Bouillion and Murray aren't paired together again. What a genius move that was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->