With Disney+, will you consider cancelling Netflix?

Will you consider cancelling Netflix?

• Total voters

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Disney+ really does sound like its going to offer a lot of content, and Im thinking if Im really going to have a need for Netflix afterwards. Im in Europe at the moment, and using a VPN to get HBO, CNN, ESPN, etc. I have maybe watched something on Netflix twice in the last month. Im going to keep both for the time being, but Netflix is going to have to up their game a bit IMO, especially once they start losing a lot of shows and movies to these other streaming services.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Probably not. I like Netflix for the variety and all I'm seeing out of Disney is animation, Disney style dramas, classical Disney movies, Star Wars, Marvel. It's a lot and I'll probably end up getting Disney+ but I'm not thinking about cancelling Netflix unless I see that Disney can provide that same variety.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
No. Netflix has much more varied content. You ain't going to be getting much out of Disney but more of the same. Don't expect them to take chances on such things as LD+R or Black Mirror.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Not yet. I am going to see how the playing field settles with all these new streaming services coming out. I don't see myself paying for more than one or two.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I anticipate signing on to and cancelling services more often in the future rather than just holding them. I'm only watching one show on Netflix at the moment and there's not much else that interests me until a few come back for more seasons. So if I cancel it, that will be the reason not going to Disney+.

Reactions: Howard Beale

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I'm in a wait and see on what digital subscriptions we'll have. However, with two kids, what shows and movies they are into will drive a lot of it. Their television habits are still in the realm of the PBS type shows, so, I think we may avoid getting it right away, but they're at the cusp of it, and I think if kids at school are talking about a lot of these shows, then we'll find ourselves sucked in.

I am curious to check out some of the big IP shows, but a lot will depend on whether I'm happy with what's on my radar. If I habe enough shows that I'm into to fill my available tv time (which isn't a lot), then it won't be my interests that drive it.

Reactions: Howard Beale

member 51464

I canceled Netflix a few months ago and don't miss it. For me, it is more about whether I bother with Disney+. I'm unsure at this juncture.

Reactions: guinness

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
ill probably roll with netflix and disney

just got rid of crave though, 25 a month was too much for hbo and seinfeld

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I’ll probably keep both for now. But we’ll see what happens. I feel like I spend 50% of my time watching Friends, so not sure what the value of it will be once that goes away.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'm considering it mostly because of the recent price jump for Netflix a few months ago. I don't use Netflix as much as I used to and if I can save some money while using a service I will use a lot might be worth it to me. I don't think I will cancel, but its definitely in consideration.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
I’ll have both! I like the content on Netflix and Disney+ with all the Star Wars/Marvel shows has me salivating!!! Also I’m looking forward to all the old Disney 90’s movies like Might Ducks, Heavy Weights, Little Giants The Big Green lol just to name a few

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Will be cancelling Crave for Disney+
7A5CF033-BEE8-4A0A-ADBF-49AEFE279E11.png

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Things are becoming so fractured I might just end up with none of them. Even the mighty HBO looks like it might be at the start of a downward spiral.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I’m 110% getting Disney+, but Netflix is hard to cut off with some of the great originals they’ve put out

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Netflix is so good right now, so no way. MindHunter, QB1, Last Chance U, the Breaking Bad movie and on and on, just too much good content to let it go.

My son did get upset when he found out The Office was leaving (his go to show) but he will survive.

And as others have said, the three other families that leech off of my account would be pretty upset. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad