TV: Witcher TV Series

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I'm confused. They replaced Henry Cavill midway through Season 3? It's one thing to replace a side character between seasons but a main character and mid-season?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm confused. They replaced Henry Cavill midway through Season 3? It's one thing to replace a side character between seasons but a main character and mid-season?
No, Cavill plays Geralt throughout Season 3 and Liam Hemsworth will take over the role starting with Season 4. Knowing that and that Cavill left over unhappiness with the writing has put a damper on enthusiasm for the current season, though.

Last edited:

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
No, Cavill plays Geralt throughout Season 3 and Liam Hemsworth will take over the role starting with Season 4. Knowing that and that Cavill left over unhappiness with the writing has put a damper on enthusiasm for the current season, though.

That sucks. I kind of feel bad for his replacement. I'm not ride or die Henry Cavill, I don't really have a strong opinion on it because I never played the games or read the books but he was the choice and I have trouble sticking with TV shows when main characters get swapped out.

The one exception to this rule for me is something more episodic and procedural like Law and Order. But a character and story style drama like The Witcher needs to have its main cast remain consistent IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad