Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Everyone can post their opinions, but you aren't entitled to a safe space where no one challenges your opinions. Go to an Arsenal subreddit or watch AFTV if you want an echo chamber instead of any debate. This is a forum with fans of all sorts of clubs, no one ever discussing anything would be incredibly boring, and I'm sorry that it offends you that people challenge bad opinions. I certainly am not offended that you called me a "dipshit", because I put little stock in what you think.

So little stock that you had to respond.

There can be debate but there is no such thing when everything is just bashing Arsenal. You guys go as far as to discredit the undefeated season and the most recent FA cup win and mock us for enjoying it.

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Everyone can post their opinions, but you aren't entitled to a safe space where no one challenges your opinions. Go to an Arsenal subreddit or watch AFTV if you want an echo chamber instead of any debate. This is a forum with fans of all sorts of clubs, no one ever discussing anything would be incredibly boring, and I'm sorry that it offends you that people challenge bad opinions. I certainly am not offended that you called me a "dipshit", because I put little stock in what you think.
Oh the irony. You are fully right but this is hypocritical because you are the one not allowing for debate because you are refusing to be reasonable and even listen to counter arguments to what you are saying. You are fully convinced of your world view and even my long analysis why Arteta and Emery are hugely holding our squad back aren't listened to, because it is the squads fault. No manager could finish above Leicester with them, you somehow think. You exaggerate everything so far as well, you lose all credibility.

Some people need to start basing their football opinions on analysis and watching games instead of judging everything with graphs. Football debates are being ruined by stat-nerds.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It started because you take literally every opportunity to put down Arsenal when you don't have to. Things always start because you overexagerrate and say Arsenal are much worse than they really are,

Then you say things like this and expect to get away with it: I disagree, most of their players are grossly overrated by the Arsenal fans on this forum.

You also say this to imply it is ridiculous to say Arsenal have a top 6 quality squad which is just a f***ing blatant piss take: Before this season and last season the usual suspects always claim Arsenal has a top 4/6 quality squad.

Someone has to defend Arsenal.
Both of those statements are accurate. I know you disagree, but their average finish over the last 4 years is 6th place, and they finished 8th last year. They are likely to finish in that 6-10 range again this year. I know you like to blame the manager for this, but my opinion of their squad is just nowhere near as high as yours is and I remain unconvinced by any argument that their squad is top 6, let alone top 4 which was claimed not long ago. I just don't see it, and the constant claims in every thread about how great their squad is despite the results being so poor get tiring.

So little stock that you had to respond.

There can be debate but there is no such thing when everything is just bashing Arsenal. You guys go as far as to discredit the undefeated season and the most recent FA cup win and mock us for enjoying it.
Who has discredited the undefeated season? That was a great achievement. I recall a debate over what the greatest season ever was, and I don't think that season as the consensus if I recall, but it was up there. "Mock you" for enjoying the FA Cup win? When was this? The FA Cup is an achievement but it is without a doubt less of one than the league or Europe. Are those the types of opinions you find offensive?

Oh the irony. You are fully right but this is hypocritical because you are the one not allowing for debate because you are refusing to be reasonable and even listen to counter arguments to what you are saying. You are fully convinced of your world view and even my long analysis why Arteta and Emery are hugely holding our squad back aren't listened to, because it is the squads fault. No manager could finish above Leicester with them, you somehow think. You exaggerate everything so far as well, you lose all credibility.

Some people need to start basing their football opinions on analysis and watching games instead of judging everything with graphs. Football debates are being ruined by stat-nerds.
I use stats, analysis, and watching games. Since the games are spread out this year (opposed to 3-4 of them on at 10am every Saturday), I watch 8-10 of the matches every week now. I've watched multiple clubs outside of Chelsea like Leicester for years now.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It started because you take literally every opportunity to put down Arsenal when you don't have to. Things always start because you overexagerrate and say Arsenal are much worse than they really are,
This is the same bloke who went crazy when I said Gabriel is better than Zouma and used a pie chart made out of an actual pie to say how much I was wrong and how I have an anti-Chelsea view. Even though I have issued my respect to them many times over multiple posts here. I acknowledge that they've been better and a bigger club than us for almost a decade now, but I also understand that they're Blood Money FC with a weak manager. But then the topic always changes to Arsenal finishing 8th, like wtf? Every club in their history has finished at 8th and worse so I don't get the dialogue.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Wien and Molde aren't that bad of clubs though, they'd be midtable clubs in all of the major leagues and Chelsea has this amazing ability to draw and lose to midtable clubs all the time...

Nice "lets go after the worst team in the group so my point is made" post.
Coming from you, this is hilarious. Ye of "only traditional clubs are worthy quality for the CL".

Nevermind that that is a ridiculous assessment of those clubs.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This is the same bloke who went crazy when I said Gabriel is better than Zouma and used a pie chart made out of an actual pie to say how much I was wrong and how I have an anti-Chelsea view. Even though I have issued my respect to them many times over multiple posts here. I acknowledge that they've been better and a bigger club than us for almost a decade now, but I also understand that they're Blood Money FC with a weak manager. But then the topic always changes to Arsenal finishing 8th, like wtf? Every club in their history has finished at 8th and worse so I don't get the dialogue.
Responding to your claims with stats and analysis is supposedly "going crazy". Alright...

Reactions: gary69

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Both of those statements are accurate. I know you disagree, but their average finish over the last 4 years is 6th place, and they finished 8th last year. They are likely to finish in that 6-10 range again this year. I know you like to blame the manager for this, but my opinion of their squad is just nowhere near as high as yours is and I remain unconvinced by any argument that their squad is top 6, let alone top 4 which was claimed not long ago. I just don't see it, and the constant claims in every thread about how great their squad is despite the results being so poor get tiring.

Who has discredited the undefeated season? That was a great achievement. I recall a debate over what the greatest season ever was, and I don't think that season as the consensus if I recall, but it was up there. "Mock you" for enjoying the FA Cup win? When was this? The FA Cup is an achievement but it is without a doubt less of one than the league or Europe. Are those the types of opinions you find offensive?

I use stats, analysis, and watching games. Since the games are spread out this year (opposed to 3-4 of them on at 10am every Saturday), I watch 8-10 of the matches every week now. I've watched multiple clubs outside of Chelsea like Leicester for years now.

This is the issue, you are once again overexagerrating, just say things in a more balanced way. Don't say things like "the constant claims in every thread about how great their squad is despite the results being so poor get tiring" when no one has said we have a good squad. All we have said is that our squad is top 4/6 quality.

We have brought in signings that were considered top class every season post-Wenger. We have not finished top 4, but that is because of management mostly. You will see I am right eventually if the club ever realize the issue with Arteta and appoint a manager who doesn't overcomplicate things.

I really like that you are open about debates and let people have their opinions. Just try to formulate yourself more respectfully.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Coming from you, this is hilarious. Ye of "only traditional clubs are worthy quality for the CL".

Nevermind that that is a ridiculous assessment of those clubs.
Arsenal should be in the CL when rubbish like Inter Milan, Ferencvaros, and Kyiv get to make it...absolutely. Then we can see Pepe score at will at against clubs. However, the pro-EPL bias on this board is ridiculous when Austrian club Wein and Danish club Molde get to play against the Arsenal now they're deemed horrendous. Weird how that works? I had a bloke tell me that Rapid Wein was one of the most prideful clubs of history in Austrian football, but now they can't beat a lonely Fulham or West Brom squad? Come on! I am not saying these clubs are world-beaters, but they would be bottom-half of the midtable absolutely.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
At the risk of sounding like I'm mocking anyone, I propose an "All Things Arsenal" thread. That is 100% not a joke. We can go on for pages there and have these debates because there's no reason not to have them, but they don't need to be in every thread.

I don't see a need for any other club-specific threads.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Ok, this is very simple. Stop the squabbling and fighting and stick to discussing actual topics that are related to transfers. If you cant do that, you wont be posting in this thread.

Reactions: mfilipo3

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Arsenal should be in the CL when rubbish like Inter Milan, Ferencvaros, and Kyiv get to make it...absolutely. Then we can see Pepe score at will at against clubs. However, the pro-EPL bias on this board is ridiculous when Austrian club Wein and Danish club Molde get to play against the Arsenal now they're deemed horrendous. Weird how that works? I had a bloke tell me that Rapid Wein was one of the most prideful clubs of history in Austrian football, but now they can't beat a lonely Fulham or West Brom squad? Come on! I am not saying these clubs are world-beaters, but they would be bottom-half of the midtable absolutely.

Rubbish like Inter Milan?

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Personally, concerning my own perspective, I could care less about who is or who isn’t a fan of whichever team.

I’ve recently stated opinions suggesting that Arsenal suck for no other reason than that’s what I think. I wouldn’t be shocked if they finished 5th by any means, but I think it’s valid to debate they’re quality being top 6. It’s in and around there. It’s not outlandish to suggest that they are definitely top 6 quality and neither is it outlandish to suggest that they are not of top 6 quality. These players have played like shit for the most part for 3-4 years for 3 different managers. They are currently in 14th. It’s either discuss then honestly, or avoid discussing them at all to abound hurt feelings, because there is not much positive to discuss.

There is indeed the fact that from all the fanbases here, Arsenal indeed have a couple 2-3 guys that are so lost due to not being able to separate emotional analysis from logical analysis that the y do in fact say the most outlandish things and deserve to have their opinions bashed. It just so happens that these guys are Arsenal fans. It could’ve easily been (for me) Chelsea fans, or United fans etc, but I don’t see nearly the same level of delusional from those fanbases. Trust me, if it was out of emotion, I’d much prefer to bash united and united fans than anyone else, but things are what they are.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
At the risk of sounding like I'm mocking anyone, I propose an "All Things Arsenal" thread. That is 100% not a joke. We can go on for pages there and have these debates because there's no reason not to have them, but they don't need to be in every thread.

This is the issue phisherman has.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Responding to your claims with stats and analysis is supposedly "going crazy". Alright...
No, but when your entire opinion and view is surrounded only on numbers...then yes you're going crazy. Now I don't know if that's what you do normally, but Gabriel is better than Zouma and I already dictated how numbers can be flawed when not looked at appropriately. If you would put Gabriel on Liverpool, his analytics would look better than Koulibaly and majority of people here think Koulibaly is a top 5 CB...

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Even taken as a standalone statement irrespective of all the others that you've made, this is not a coherent set of standards.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
They should get to when the qualify.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town

Here
Arsenal FC Thread

Any other posts going forward not related to transfer and revolving them will be removed.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
@Duchene2MacKinnon What are your thoughts on Rodrigo De Paul? Saw a link to Arsenal for the winter transfer window. I know he has been decent for Udinese but nothing more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad