Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
You have to considering how many managers you lot have had and the money you lot have spent. This is a "what if" situation, but I highly doubt that Arsenal would be in the same position United is in if we were allowed to have the same funds you spent the last four/five years. Plus we've won more trophies than you lot during that same timeframe which everyone is hilariously forgetting. I mean an FA Cup is an FA Cup, but a trophy is still a trophy mate.

Why must one consider the amount of money spent or the amount of managers used when judging the quality of a squad?

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Funny how Man U fans chime in when Arsenal bitch slapped them in their last game and the scoreline flatter Man U.

It took the Fernandes signing to make Man U look competent and that's what Arsenal is missing right now.

And Pepe isn't being ousted. He literally started a game right after stupidly head butting a guy.

And it's funny the obsession here about Arsenal. Stick to supporting your terrorist funding club.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Why must one consider the amount of money spent or the amount of managers used when judging the quality of a squad?
Because that's all modern football has turned into. Of course buying Griezmann for one hundred million Euros or Pepe for 70 million doesn't ever guarantee success as we've seen. However, when large sums of money is smartly invested then that's a big deemer of success than anything else. Just look at Chelsea, a midtable club with a relegation-level manager who spent boatload of funds last window on some really good buys and they're in the top 3. To say that Arsenal would've spent the money as bad as United did is a very low probability, a lot of our buys have been good except a couple like Torreira (wasn't really due to performances) and Pepe (to a degree). Majority of our rubbish was stop gaps like Luiz and Sokratis, brutal buys under Ivan the Terrible and Wenger like Xhaka and Musafi, or giving Sven free reigns to swap Sanchez for the likes of Mkhi. Plus we lost a couple of good players on frees because of Ivan the Terrible's wage structure and negotiating skills.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Sheesh that got aggressive real quick.

Of course it will get aggressive. These dipshits spend all their time talking shit about anything and everything about Arsenal. Most of us know the team isn't great but the way they demean the team and supporters is f***ing frustrating.

Spending pages and pages in each thread bashing the team and then complaining it starts because of Arsenal supporters on here. It's why you don't see many Arsenal posters posting here regularly anymore.

Talk about obsession here.

Reactions: AB13

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Because that's all modern football has turned into. Of course buying Griezmann for one hundred million Euros or Pepe for 70 million doesn't ever guarantee success as we've seen. However, when large sums of money is smartly invested then that's a big deemer of success than anything else. Just look at Chelsea, a midtable club with a relegation-level manager who spent boatload of funds last window on some really good buys and they're in the top 3. To say that Arsenal would've spent the money as bad as United did is a very low probability, a lot of our buys have been good except a couple like Torreira (wasn't really due to performances) and Pepe (to a degree). Majority of our rubbish was stop gaps like Luiz and Sokratis, brutal buys under Ivan the Terrible and Wenger like Xhaka and Musafi, or giving Sven free reigns to swap Sanchez for the likes of Mkhi.

That's what football has turned into for sellouts like Arsenal. Real clubs like Union can still flourish with heart, class & charisma :cool:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Because that's all modern football has turned into. Of course buying Griezmann for one hundred million Euros or Pepe for 70 million doesn't ever guarantee success as we've seen. However, when large sums of money is smartly invested then that's a big deemer of success than anything else. Just look at Chelsea, a midtable club with a relegation-level manager who spent boatload of funds last window on some really good buys and they're in the top 3. To say that Arsenal would've spent the money as bad as United did is a very low probability, a lot of our buys have been good except a couple like Torreira (wasn't really due to performances) and Pepe (to a degree). Majority of our rubbish was stop gaps like Luiz and Sokratis, brutal buys under Ivan the Terrible and Wenger like Xhaka and Musafi, or giving Sven free reigns to swap Sanchez for the likes of Mkhi. Plus we lost a couple of good players on frees because of Ivan the Terrible's wage structure and negotiating skills.

So you agree that Arsenal have fallen further? Just that they might be just as good if they could spend the same amount as United has?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Majority of our rubbish was stop gaps like Luiz and Sokratis, brutal buys under Ivan the Terrible and Wenger like Xhaka and Musafi, or giving Sven free reigns to swap Sanchez for the likes of Mkhi. Plus we lost a couple of good players on frees because of Ivan the Terrible's wage structure and negotiating skills.
We can talk Arsenal bad business for years! So many players mismanaged, so much dead wood held on to, so many stop gap signings, etc. To me this and the the board overall is the main issue. Which is another reason why I'm willing to give Arteta some more grace.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So you agree that Arsenal have fallen further? Just that they might be just as good if they could spend the same amount as United has.
I've said this in the past, but the two most historic clubs in England have been considerably the worst of the new modern football decade; Arsenal and Man United. United's problem is they haven't hired a good manager since SAF, whereas Arsenal's problem is they allowed their manager to have way too long of a stay; while both have suffered from terrible front office decisions and personnel. To answer your question, I suggest that Man United have fallen the most considering the amount of money they've spent in comparison to us. However, Arsenal are absolutely right there in Red Devils shadow of terribleness...so it's tricky because the answer is no, but at the same time yes. I am making the argument that if Arsenal did spend the same amount as Man United did, the probability of them being at the same level of suckness is very low. Now I am not saying we would be title contenders because our front office sucked during those years of LvG and Mourinho as well, but definitely not as bad as we are currently. Some of that talent would be able to overcome Arteta's rigidity and tactical naivety that suppresses our squad like what Chelsea is going through (loads of talent overcoming a monkey as their manager).

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Of course it will get aggressive. These dipshits spend all their time talking shit about anything and everything about Arsenal. Most of us know the team isn't great but the way they demean the team and supporters is f***ing frustrating.

Spending pages and pages in each thread bashing the team and then complaining it starts because of Arsenal supporters on here. It's why you don't see many Arsenal posters posting here regularly anymore.

Talk about obsession here.
This entire conversation started because a few Arsenal fans jumped in to claim Arsenal has a top 6 squad after we were discussing one player specifically (Pepe) and how he has performed relative to expectations. The vast majority of discussions about Arsenal are started by outrageous takes by your fans, and a lot of them are not even started during Arsenal games but when your fans jump into game threads about Chelsea, Tottenham, United, etc. so I wouldn't throw stones in glass houses.

Reactions: YNWA14 and cgf

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Funny how Man U fans chime in when Arsenal bitch slapped them in their last game and the scoreline flatter Man U.

It took the Fernandes signing to make Man U look competent and that's what Arsenal is missing right now.

And Pepe isn't being ousted. He literally started a game right after stupidly head butting a guy.

And it's funny the obsession here about Arsenal. Stick to supporting your terrorist funding club.
Bitch slapped? That was one of the most boring games ever lol.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
This entire conversation started because a few Arsenal fans jumped in to claim Arsenal has a top 6 squad after we were discussing one player specifically (Pepe) and how he has performed relative to expectations. The vast majority of discussions about Arsenal are started by outrageous takes by your fans, and a lot of them are not even started during Arsenal games but when your fans jump into game threads about Chelsea, Tottenham, United, etc. so I wouldn't throw stones in glass houses.

So what if they have outrageous takes? They have their own opinion. You got nothing better else to do then talk about a club you don't care about. The amount of time you spend trying to put down AB and SEPH is f***ing pathetic.

And the majority of the conversations happen after an Arsenal match.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
We can talk Arsenal bad business for years! So many players mismanaged, so much dead wood held on to, so many stop gap signings, etc. To me this and the the board overall is the main issue. Which is another reason why I'm willing to give Arteta some more grace.
I have a lot more faith in Edu and Arteta than I did with anyone else, that's for sure. Arteta might be providing shitty tactics, but in every pre/post game commentary he always says the right things in regards to what happened in a specific match (which makes it a bit more weird in what we're currently seeing). If there is an aspect I highly dislike though about Mikel, it's how he's managing the players; like sending Guendouzi off to a gulag in Siberia for defending a teammate. That's shit to me and where Mourinho is actually right; we need to be harder to play against and not respect the opponent as much as we've done. I'm all for giving Blanc a job though if he comes out and asks for it tomorrow, this Spanish style of football is definitely wearing me out.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Please, for those who have read this thread, tell me I’m wrong.

Is this not the funniest thread on all of HFsoccer in a long time?

It's going to get even more entertaining. Grab some popcorn. Let's see if these people learn how to move on or if they want to obsess to put down others.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It's going to get even more entertaining. Grab some popcorn. Let's see if these people learn how to move on or if they want to obsess to put down others.
That’s only been one aspect of it. There have been a lot of hilarious takes on a lot of different subjects in the 3 hrs this new thread started.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
So what if they have outrageous takes? They have their own opinion. You got nothing better else to do then talk about a club you don't care about. The amount of time you spend trying to put down AB and SEPH is f***ing pathetic.

And the majority of the conversations happen after an Arsenal match.
Everyone can post their opinions, but you aren't entitled to a safe space where no one challenges your opinions. Go to an Arsenal subreddit or watch AFTV if you want an echo chamber instead of any debate. This is a forum with fans of all sorts of clubs, no one ever discussing anything would be incredibly boring, and I'm sorry that it offends you that people challenge bad opinions. I certainly am not offended that you called me a "dipshit", because I put little stock in what you think.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
It started because you take literally every opportunity to put down Arsenal when you don't have to. Things always start because you overexagerrate and say Arsenal are much worse than they really are,

Then you say things like this and expect to get away with it: I disagree, most of their players are grossly overrated by the Arsenal fans on this forum.

You also say this to imply it is ridiculous to say Arsenal have a top 6 quality squad which is just a f***ing blatant piss take: Before this season and last season the usual suspects always claim Arsenal has a top 4/6 quality squad.

Someone has to defend Arsenal.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Everyone can post their opinions, but you aren't entitled to a safe space where no one challenges your opinions. Go to an Arsenal subreddit or watch AFTV if you want an echo chamber instead of any debate. This is a forum with fans of all sorts of clubs, no one ever discussing anything would be incredibly boring, and I'm sorry that it offends you that people challenge bad opinions. I certainly am not offended that you called me a "dipshit", because I put little stock in what you think.
10/10 post.

Reactions: robertmac43
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad