Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part II - BarSALEona

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Haaland went to Dortmund over multiple other teams with a bigger spotlight. I don’t think it’s about spotlight for him and more about situation.

If Mbappe goes to Real I see PSG going hard for Haaland.

That's why I can still see him going to Barca...if he doesn't leave this summer. They may not be able to afford him this summer...barring a massive sale like Frenkie or Pedri...but give them another year to get their finances sorted and they could be in the game; especially if he ends up having a buyout clause in his contract.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He also wasn’t near as proven when he moved to Dortmund. He obviously had insane potential and had begun to show it, but it wasn’t guaranteed that he could lead the line for a PSG or City right off.

Now, based on what he’s shown over the last ~2 years, I can’t see him accepting anything less than being the focal point of an attack at a top tier club.

He wasn't as proven, but he was already doing really special things in Salzburg.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Raiola’s job is to talk. He can name all these clubs he wants. Many are not feasible. Barcelona and United have uphill battles to make the UCL. If they don’t make it, there’s zero chance for them. Even if they do, I doubt Barcelona could finance a transfer. No chance either of Bayern. We are not selling our best player to Bayern. It’s not like they could afford him either. They don’t spend big on transfers. I don’t know why he’d even name them.

Man City, PSG, and Madrid are all options. I’m not sure where Haaland will play next season. Pep says he can’t afford to purchase Kane. Can he afford Haaland? It seems like he doesn’t think his system needs a high priced CF. I don’t see how Madrid can have Benzema, Mbappe, and Haaland in the same lineup. Two rigid CF’s positionally and a third striker in Mbappe. Could they even afford those two additions and then some defensive players?

PSG is an option purely due to their money, but the player has to actually want to play in that league. I’m not convinced either that if Mbappe leaves ( not a sure thing) that they just replace him with another big name attacker. That team needs more balance. Very hard to run a team successfully with three star attackers.

Raiola stands to lose a profit if Haaland does not transfer. He wants all his clients to switch clubs every summer. He didn’t even say anything too important either in that interview. It was so blown out of proportion by people that would rather see Haaland play elsewhere. I guess Dortmund isn’t as prestigious as seventh place clubs like Barcelona and United.

We will see. No one is going to give us a chance to keep our players. I already know that, but we kept hold of Sancho a season longer than all of them expected.

Benz & Mbappe can both play off a striker like Erling. I think Mbappe's presence soaking up the spotlight, would be more of a hold-up for Haaland than the on-pitch fit.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Bayern should be in the market for a veteran central defender this winter, neither Sule or Upamecano inspire too much confidence.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Bayern should be in the market for a veteran central defender this winter, neither Sule or Upamecano inspire too much confidence.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
Raiola’s job is to talk. He can name all these clubs he wants. Many are not feasible. Barcelona and United have uphill battles to make the UCL. If they don’t make it, there’s zero chance for them. Even if they do, I doubt Barcelona could finance a transfer. No chance either of Bayern. We are not selling our best player to Bayern. It’s not like they could afford him either. They don’t spend big on transfers. I don’t know why he’d even name them.

Man City, PSG, and Madrid are all options. I’m not sure where Haaland will play next season. Pep says he can’t afford to purchase Kane. Can he afford Haaland? It seems like he doesn’t think his system needs a high priced CF. I don’t see how Madrid can have Benzema, Mbappe, and Haaland in the same lineup. Two rigid CF’s positionally and a third striker in Mbappe. Could they even afford those two additions and then some defensive players?

PSG is an option purely due to their money, but the player has to actually want to play in that league. I’m not convinced either that if Mbappe leaves ( not a sure thing) that they just replace him with another big name attacker. That team needs more balance. Very hard to run a team successfully with three star attackers.

Raiola stands to lose a profit if Haaland does not transfer. He wants all his clients to switch clubs every summer. He didn’t even say anything too important either in that interview. It was so blown out of proportion by people that would rather see Haaland play elsewhere. I guess Dortmund isn’t as prestigious as seventh place clubs like Barcelona and United.

We will see. No one is going to give us a chance to keep our players. I already know that, but we kept hold of Sancho a season longer than all of them expected.

Bayern München normally buys the closest competitors best players. They bought Lewandowski from Dortmund and also Hummels. Look how they bought the key players and the manager from Leipzig last year Sabitzer and Upamecano and Nagelsmann. I don't think the french league is interesting for him. It has to be in a top three league(Spain, England and Germany).

I think it has to be a step up for Haaland to be interesting. Not many clubs are better than Dortmund, only a handfull. ManU is not interesting for him they're at the same level as Dortmund probobaly worse.

If he wants to win something league or Champions league then Bayern München, Real Madrid and Manchester City are very good clubs to be in. He wants to fight for titles and play regulary in Champions League.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Per the Haaland discussion, I'd be shocked if he came to Barça. If the club offloads enough players the possibility might be there, but then he'd likely have to be the only signing. And Barça may not even have to offload a De Jong, Ter Stegen or even a Pedri. Plenty of other players they need to get rid of first, and like I said a few weeks back, getting rid of the real dead weight could mean 100 million in wages off the books. Still I don't see the club signing him.

side pass merchant

Bruno Guimarães is much better than him for any club interrested in a midfielder that controls pace and can still make progressive passes.

And that's the sad thing, Arthur is capable of being more direct. I always got the impression that he was too timid to be more direct when he was at Barça. Really unfortunate too because I think the skill set is there, but he strikes me as a bit soft mentally. He also seemed a bit fragile.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bayern München normally buys the closest competitors best players. They bought Lewandowski from Dortmund and also Hummels. Look how they bought the key players and the manager from Leipzig last year Sabitzer and Upamecano and Nagelsmann. I don't think the french league is interesting for him. It has to be in a top three league(Spain, England and Germany).

I think it has to be a step up for Haaland to be interesting. Not many clubs are better than Dortmund, only a handfull. ManU is not interesting for him they're at the same level as Dortmund probobaly worse.

If he wants to win something league or Champions league then Bayern München, Real Madrid and Manchester City are very good clubs to be in. He wants to fight for titles and play regulary in Champions League.

Borussia Dortmund has bought important Bayern Munich players more recently than the other way around. Bayern Munich may be a good fit, but they almost never pay big transfer fees and they know that they are not signing our players. They don’t even try to sign them anymore. Raiola only mentions them because their big stature is beneficial to what an agent does. He’s linking his client to the biggest clubs he can.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Borussia Dortmund has bought important Bayern Munich players more recently than the other way around. Bayern Munich may be a good fit, but they almost never pay big transfer fees and they know that they are not signing our players. They don’t even try to sign them anymore. Raiola only mentions them because their big stature is beneficial to what an agent does. He’s linking his client to the biggest clubs he can.
Wait who are we talking about that they bought from Bayern? A washed up Hummels?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wait who are we talking about that they bought from Bayern? A washed up Hummels?

What is your point? Hummels was a starting CB at Bayern Munich, and he asked for a transfer back to Dortmund.

Who was the last player we sold to them? This idea that Bayern buys Dortmund players is so outdated, and even when it had any merit, it wasn't as clear cut looking at the context of those situations.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lyon has put their whole roster on the block except Caqueret, Cherki and Paqueta.
Trying to dump Shaqiri at all cost (not as if I said it right when they signed him), Toko, Aouar...
They need money.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Lyon has put their whole roster on the block except Caqueret, Cherki and Paqueta.
Trying to dump Shaqiri at all cost (not as if I said it right when they signed him), Toko, Aouar...
They need money.
I thought their team were doing well lately?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Only in Europe.
They are 12th in L1. Players don't get along.
They're out of money.
Juninho is leaving this winter.
They're been subtracted one point because of the bottle throwing idiot.
Only Lopes, Paqueta, Caqueret, Bruno and Gusto have played well.
Denayer is looking like a level 3 player. Shaqiri was a terrible loss of money and he starts every game.

Right now Lyon is awful.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Only in Europe.
They're out of money.
Denayer is looking like a level 3 player. Shaqiri was a terrible loss of money and he starts every game.

Right now Lyon is awful.
Surprised by that. They got him dirt cheap.
That being said, they should not be that low.
I have not followed them closely but it seems like the problems are more internally than actual players.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
They got him for 11M. That's not dirty cheap for a useless player when they had better options already at the club. Plus his huge salary.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Brentford offering 9M for Vanderson that could as high as 12M with bonuses. I hope he goes to another club, Lyon or OM, or some La Liga side.

edit: news saying Gremio has accepted the offer and Vanderson is going to sign with Brentford indeed

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Only in Europe.
They're out of money.

Right now Lyon is awful.
Man I would love Bruno at United so much.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Only in Europe.
They're out of money.

Right now Lyon is awful.

Why are they out of money?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's on a free this summer. And costs 3M for this winter. Smart move when you don't have money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad