Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part II - BarSALEona

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Though Eberl still claims to be trying to extend Ginter & Zakaria, he also hasn't closed the door on either one leaving this winter.

Jul 7, 2009
Does anyone know much about Julian Alvarez and his potential?

Apparently, Barca, Inter and Juve are all interested in him.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What’s up with Bissouma’s off the field issues? Does anyone know?
Currently, under investigation and on prolonged bail I believe. The talk of said issues has died out a bit but I'm guessing they will come back in the coming weeks.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Someone earlier in this thread didn’t accurately represent what Raiola said. This was the very next tweet. Raiola said a whole bunch of nothing in that interview. Covered every base.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Does anyone know much about Julian Alvarez and his potential?

Apparently, Barca, Inter and Juve are all interested in him.

very mobile and high IQ striker, can play as a winger but isn't the most creative dribbler

pretty good at quick passes and finishing his chances

good potencial to be a starter for top clubs, but I don't think he'll be a star

Diogo Jota is a guy I think have a similar impact to what I expect him to have

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
Raiola is talking about Haaland in the press now because he realizes he has no leverage. Maybe also because Haaland has indicated he’s staying and Raiola is upset about losing out on money. We will see.

Being knocked out in group stage in Champions League with Dortmund is definetly a dissapointment for Haaland, that's his favorite tournament.

I'm sure he wants to go ta a club that can make a deep run in the champions league and maybe win it.
Raiola have mentioned: ManCity, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern München as likely.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Raiola is lying.
But cause Bayern and Barca aren't likely destinations.
PSG has a shot though.
That's how he works though.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Haaland is off to City. Riaola is doing his job keeping all options open and drumming up interest. RM have a shot, but I don't see Perez offering the necessary package nor Haaland wanting to share the spotlight with Mbappe.

City have lots of money and no striker, seems simple to me.

Reactions: luiginb

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Haaland is off to City. Riaola is doing his job keeping all options open and drumming up interest. RM have a shot, but I don't see Perez offering the necessary package nor Haaland wanting to share the spotlight with Mbappe.

City have lots of money and no striker, seems simple to me.
Haaland went to Dortmund over multiple other teams with a bigger spotlight. I don’t think it’s about spotlight for him and more about situation.

If Mbappe goes to Real I see PSG going hard for Haaland.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
He also wasn’t near as proven when he moved to Dortmund. He obviously had insane potential and had begun to show it, but it wasn’t guaranteed that he could lead the line for a PSG or City right off.

Now, based on what he’s shown over the last ~2 years, I can’t see him accepting anything less than being the focal point of an attack at a top tier club.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Being knocked out in group stage in Champions League with Dortmund is definetly a dissapointment for Haaland, that's his favorite tournament.

I'm sure he wants to go ta a club that can make a deep run in the champions league and maybe win it.
Raiola have mentioned: ManCity, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern München as likely.

Raiola’s job is to talk. He can name all these clubs he wants. Many are not feasible. Barcelona and United have uphill battles to make the UCL. If they don’t make it, there’s zero chance for them. Even if they do, I doubt Barcelona could finance a transfer. No chance either of Bayern. We are not selling our best player to Bayern. It’s not like they could afford him either. They don’t spend big on transfers. I don’t know why he’d even name them.

Man City, PSG, and Madrid are all options. I’m not sure where Haaland will play next season. Pep says he can’t afford to purchase Kane. Can he afford Haaland? It seems like he doesn’t think his system needs a high priced CF. I don’t see how Madrid can have Benzema, Mbappe, and Haaland in the same lineup. Two rigid CF’s positionally and a third striker in Mbappe. Could they even afford those two additions and then some defensive players?

PSG is an option purely due to their money, but the player has to actually want to play in that league. I’m not convinced either that if Mbappe leaves ( not a sure thing) that they just replace him with another big name attacker. That team needs more balance. Very hard to run a team successfully with three star attackers.

Raiola stands to lose a profit if Haaland does not transfer. He wants all his clients to switch clubs every summer. He didn’t even say anything too important either in that interview. It was so blown out of proportion by people that would rather see Haaland play elsewhere. I guess Dortmund isn’t as prestigious as seventh place clubs like Barcelona and United.

We will see. No one is going to give us a chance to keep our players. I already know that, but we kept hold of Sancho a season longer than all of them expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad