Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part I - Featuring Less Therapy and More Transfers

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Jonathan Tah has signed an extension with Pillenkusen...and with that, the last hopes that he'd "pull a Boateng" and suddenly make good on all of his potential, can be put to bed.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I didn't even realize this was an option being discussed.. Sane is a level or so above Puli in my books.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Seriously? Sane a level or so above someone who was outrageously underrated as potential top 3 Bundesliga player? :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Seriously? Sane a level or so above someone who was outrageously underrated as potential top 3 Bundesliga player? :laugh:

Did you mean "overrated"? Cause I'd have a hard time arguing that Puli was ever a top 3 player in the BuLi, despite what American BVB fans wanted.

And on form, like he is atm, Sane is certainly on a different level than Pulisic...unfortunately we've only seen this level from Sane for that one season under Pep, and now under Nagelsmann.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I didn't even realize this was an option being discussed.. Sane is a level or so above Puli in my books.

That feels like Romano running out an old rumor from before Nagelsmann came aboard & confirming that if it ever was being discussed, it certainly isn't any more.

Though I doubt it was ever very serious, I could see Bayern kicking the tires on something like that last season; when Sane was struggling & swapping him for a more profitable player who may not have the same top end, but provides more when not at his best, may have held some appeal.

But Nagelsmann has been hyping up Sane since he arrived and the results so far speak for themself.

Reactions: robertmac43

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Has Sane bounced back? Lovely player on his day be that once in a blue moon. Still the heights he has reached is way higher the run of the mil Pullisic.

Reactions: Gecklund

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Has Sane bounced back? Lovely player on his day be that once in a blue moon. Still the heights he has reached is way higher the run of the mil Pullisic.

So far...it looks like he's having the best season of his career. If he keeps it up under Nagelsmann he'll be the best german at any position.

Though Lewa is still Bayern's "best player" & Joshua their leader, Sane is the one who is most driving their attacking play.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So far...it looks like he's having the best season of his career. If he keeps it up under Nagelsmann he'll be the best german at any position.
Oh gosh, this means he must be LEVELs clear of Pulisic.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Did you mean "overrated"? Cause I'd have a hard time arguing that Puli was ever a top 3 player in the BuLi, despite what American BVB fans wanted.

And on form, like he is atm, Sane is certainly on a different level than Pulisic...unfortunately we've only seen this level from Sane for that one season under Pep, and now under Nagelsmann.
I'm not sure if you missed it, but PB and me had an argument a few years ago when I said Pulisic's best upside was top 3 in the Buli. He got mad and said I was hugely underrating him :facepalm:

Reactions: cgf and robertmac43

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
In other news, 17yo Fabio Blanco is reportedly dissatisfied with his role at Frankfurt and looking to move in the winter.
PSV are reportedly Blanco's most likely destination if things don't change for him in Frankfurt.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Rather have Nkunku.

He's really good too, but like Olmo, he's a different kind of attacker than Timo. Though he can play in the forward line & get in behind, he does more of his damage in front of the defense / on the ball. More Havertz than Werner...though not quite at that level.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think most people haven’t seen Sane play since he left City. He’s not good anymore. Pulisic can’t stay healthy, but has been good when healthy the last few seasons, and a level higher than Sane. Of course, Sane’s form at Man City might’ve been better than peak Pulisic so far, but Sane isn’t that player anymore. And Pulisic is two years younger with regular injuries as opposed to an injury that ruined his career. I think he has more value.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think most people haven’t seen Sane play since he left City. He’s not good anymore. Pulisic can’t stay healthy, but has been good when healthy the last few seasons, and a level higher than Sane. Of course, Sane’s form at Man City might’ve been better than peak Pulisic so far, but Sane isn’t that player anymore. And Pulisic is two years younger with regular injuries as opposed to an injury that ruined his career. I think he has more value.

If you wanna play that game; comments like this make it sound like you haven't watched Bayern play since Leroy got whistled in week two. He's been fantastic for over a month now & is playing the best football of his career :dunno:

Meanwhile Pulisic is being converted into a wingback :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
On loan or permanently? Not that I really care, just curious

Didn't say for sure, but I'm guessing a permanent. He apparently only found out he was getting left out of their EL squad via the media, which really pissed him off, and he had already been frustrated by the lack of opportunities that SGE had promised him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Didn't say for sure, but I'm guessing a permanent. He apparently only found out he was getting left out of their EL squad via the media, which really pissed him off, and he had already been frustrated by the lack of opportunities that SGE had promised him.
And he rejected OM this idiot.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
If you wanna play that game; comments like this make it sound like you haven't watched Bayern play since week two. He's been fantastic for over a month now & is playing the best football of his
career :dunno:

I wasn’t referring to you. I’m referring to others. When you need to ask others how someone is playing, it doesn’t sound like you’d know how they are playing.

We discussed this a few weeks ago, so I’m not sure why you’d accuse me of that. And the sample so far this season is very limited. Bayern has played a very easy schedule so far. 4 of their 6 Bundesliga fixtures have been against 4 of the 5 weakest teams in the league. There other two are against weakened Leipzig and Gladbach teams so far, and he was pretty bad against Gladbach. The Cup game was against an actual pub team. He played in the Super Cup, but was weak then. I didn’t like how he did against Barcelona. I think it’s too early in the season to say much about his play. You can pick out some select games that prove your point, and I can also do that. If he’s gotten better, we’ll see it over the course of a season. Right now, it’s too early, so I think it makes sense to not ignore the past few seasons where Sane has been nowhere near the player prior to injury.

As to Pulisic, you are right that Tuchel has started using him as wingback. Chelsea fans deny it, but Tuchel said it. I think part of the problem with a lot of people in Germany, Germans, and people that watch the Bundesliga is that they have an idea of Pulisic that is outdated. When Pulisic left Dortmund, he improved a lot. They seem to think he's still the player he was when he was 18 years old. Tuchel is a good manager, but I think this is one of his biggest faults with the job he's doing at Chelsea. He coached Pulisic when he was much younger and not as good, so in his mind Pulisic is a player he's not. He hasn't accounted for the improvements he made. Pulisic was Chelsea's best player the season before Tuchel joined. Tuchel came in, and had little use for him because he didn't like him at Dortmund. Chelsea as a team struggles to score goals. Chelsea would be better if Tuchel was able to recognize how to use Pulisic properly.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's never a good sign when someone can legitamitely argue that OM would've been a more stable destination...:sarcasm:
Totally, but OM this year is a fantastic place to play.
I hate to admit it, but there's no denying it.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I wasn’t referring to you. I’m referring to others. When you need to ask others how someone is playing, it doesn’t sound like you’d know how they are playing.

We discussed this a few weeks ago, so I’m not sure why you’d accuse me of that. And the sample so far this season is very limited. Bayern has played a very easy schedule so far. 4 of their 6 Bundesliga fixtures have been against 4 of the 5 weakest teams in the league. There other two are against weakened Leipzig and Gladbach teams so far, and he was pretty bad against Gladbach. The Cup game was against an actual pub team. He played in the Super Cup, but was weak then. I didn’t like how he did against Barcelona. I think it’s too early in the season to say much about his play. You can pick out some select games that prove your point, and I can also do that. If he’s gotten better, we’ll see it over the course of a season. Right now, it’s too early, so I think it makes sense to not ignore the past few seasons where Sane has been nowhere near the player prior to injury.

Obviously, we don't know if it will last...this could easily be him reacting to the whistles before eventually growing complacent & disengaged again, rather than things just clicking with Nagelsmann to unlock a new level to his game...but he has been fantastic in the league, the CL, and for the NT, since his weak performances against Gladbach & Köln.

It's just really weird timing to be claiming that a player was ruined by an injury in their past, when they are currently playing the best football of their life. If you wanted to s*** on him last season or during the summer, then I would've piled on, but this season he's just been too good...so far...

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Obviously, we don't know if it will last...this could easily be him reacting to the whistles before eventually growing complacent & disengaged again, rather than things just clicking with Nagelsmann to unlock a new level to his game...but he has been fantastic in the league, the CL, and for the NT, since his weak performances against Gladbach & Köln.

It's just really weird timing to be claiming that a player was ruined by an injury in their past, when they are currently playing the best football of their life. If you wanted to s*** on him last season or during the summer, then I would've piled on, but this season he's just been too good...so far...

I'm not sure I agree. Thats my point. Sure, his stats look nice and he's had some good games. But how much can you really take from how he looks against a pub side or Hertha/Bochum type of Bundesliga teams? And then some of the tougher opponents such as Barcelona, Dortmund, Gladbach he hasn't looked too great, in my opinion. Even in prior seasons he had some good games because he's a good player. Saying he's having the best season of his career requires a much higher level than that. It seems a little early to be making strong statements on his play this season. There are arguments that go both ways, in my opinion, so let's see.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm not sure I agree. Thats my point. Sure, his stats look nice and he's had some good games. But how much can you really take from how he looks against a pub side or Hertha/Bochum type of Bundesliga teams? And then some of the tougher opponents such as Barcelona, Dortmund, Gladbach he hasn't looked too great, in my opinion. Even in prior seasons he had some good games because he's a good player. Saying he's having the best season of his career requires a much higher level than that. It seems a little early to be making strong statements on his play this season. There are arguments that go both ways, in my opinion, so let's see.

We must have watched different Bayern-Barcelona matches then. Sane was really good against them...regularly putting pressure on the Barca defense with his dribbling & quickness/explosiveness; using that to create space & danger for his teammates throughout the match...just like he did against Leipzig, Armenia & Iceland. So it's just not accurate to say that it was only against a pub team, Hertha, & the two promoted teams, that Leroy has played well since that Köln match.

I'm not making any statements about his play for the whole season, as the season just started a little over a month & a half ago. I'm only commenting on his form in the past month+ that it's been since week 2, during which time he has been playing as well as ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad