Transfer: Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion - October-December

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Okay, so... they have a few inter-league competitions... but you'll never see any mid table / lower table play any other mid / lower clubs at all.... so... just bored rainy day thinking.... Have they ever combined a few countries say, top 5 leagues, into one gigantic league for a season / tournament/competition?

100 club season and I haven't thought of a bracket final or some new system if anything afterwards....
It'd be nice to see low / mid / lower top teams play out against other clubs... and have the big clubs clash as well (but we have europa / champions leagues...

I know it wouldn't happen because it screws up aforementioned league qualifications, but they can still have them for finish spots.
They ever talk about this before?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So Messi is the 25th lever?

Haha, but he'll probably generate more this go round than he ever did if it goes through. Transfer fee would be 0, wages would be much reduced and he'll bring in merchandising revenue. Better still though, the club is currently seeing the highest average attendance in Europe this season and Messi would only add to that. Best of all, he still contributes on the pitch would improve an already very strong side.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Haha, but he'll probably generate more this go round than he ever did if it goes through. Transfer fee would be 0, wages would be much reduced and he'll bring in merchandising revenue. Better still though, the club is currently seeing the highest average attendance in Europe this season and Messi would only add to that. Best of all, he still contributes on the pitch would improve an already very strong side.
Oh, getting him back would a great thing for Barca, on every level.

They'd be foolish not to try.

If he is not about money, he'll likely be back. If he prioritize money, he'll get a blank blood-money check.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

If he is not about money, he'll likely be back. If he prioritize money, he'll get a blank blood-money check.
Not necessarily he could just think he can get another CL at psg and now feels more comfortable there… he has made a killing with blood money over the course of his career prior to psg. so I doubt he cares.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

:facepalm:
You never progress on this.
Players would pick PSG only because of money...
Not because he's in a great city, playing with buddies, trying to win the CL and not wanting to go back to the president who managed to let him go only to say he should have played for free....

Not necessarily he could just think he can get another CL at psg and now feels more comfortable there… he has made a killing with blood money over the course of his career prior to psg. so I doubt he cares.
Thank you.
He's clearly feeling great right now.
Wouldn't be mad if he goes back to Barca but right now he's at the top of his game, best player in the world with Haaland since the beginning of the season.
Another amazing goal tonight.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
:facepalm:
You never progress on this.
Players would pick PSG only because of money...
Not because he's in a great city, playing with buddies, trying to win the CL and not wanting to go back to the president who managed to let him go only to say he should have played for free....
I'll never have respect for PSG, no. At least, not until they are sold.

I have no clue what Messi will do, but if money is what he seeks, PSG is who can give him the most. That's all I was saying.

Barca is his club, I think he would never have left if they could have registered the contract he had agreed to.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Wondered why they kept doing a minute of silence for indonesia (some natural disaster or wat) then I finally looked it up... stampeded and beat to death for a football match.... oh boy.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

I have no clue what Messi will do, but if money is what he seeks, PSG is who can give him the most. That's all I was saying.

Barca is his club, I think he would never have left if they could have registered the contract he had agreed to.
When you're a f***ing Real fan, a team built on fascism, the high horse is hilarious.

Reactions: luiginb

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

He wouldn’t have left for sure but the bridges could be burnt forever. So I wouldn’t say it’s just about money

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
When you're a f***ing Real fan, a team built on fascism, the high horse is hilarious.
The difference between you and I is that I won't defend Franco. Your constant whaboutism is what is hilarious. How they used the club is wrong, I won't pretend to deny that.

Real Madrid is a club owned by its members, not by a trash regime trying to buy some brownie points. You can attack our past all you want, it is warranted. You can also attack Perez for his tactics, I will also agree.

I support them because that's who I first followed when I was young (because of Zidane). Does not mean that I will blindly defend my club on everything. Once again, that's the main difference between you and I. I won't put my head in the sand when my club does something shady and I won't retort to whataboutism to defend the undefensible.

That being said, have a wonderful day my friend. This discussion is over on my side, it won't lead to anything good. I respect that you want PSG to succeed because it is good for French football. I do not like how you constantly defend their trash ownership. Let's leave it at that.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The difference between you and I is that I won't defend Franco. Your constant whaboutism is what is hilarious. How they used the club is wrong, I won't pretend to deny that.

Real Madrid is a club owned by its members, not by a trash regime trying to buy some brownie points. You can attack our past all you want, it is warranted. You can also attack Perez for his tactics, I will also agree.

I support them because that's who I first followed when I was young (because of Zidane). Does not mean that I will blindly defend my club on everything. Once again, that's the main difference between you and I. I won't put my head in the sand when my club does something shady and I won't retort to whataboutism to defend the undefensible.

That being said, have a wonderful day my friend. This discussion is over on my side, it won't lead to anything good. I respect that you want PSG to succeed because it is good for French football. I do not like how you constantly defend their trash ownership. Let's leave it at that.
I will never respect PSG so I spew some nonsense about them every week but when ask how you can respect a team that :
- was built on fascism
- was the biggest spender in the history of the sport under Perez 1 (with no CL win)
- has shady reffing decisions throughout its history
- has been a key creator to the Superleague and to this days still is in it...

It's whataboutism. Not just completely ridiculous, no.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
"Calls out PSG, But you cheer for Madrid! How DARE YOU!!!!"

Man, both could be bad jesus christ.

Anyways, Madrid is intensifying contract talks with Bellingham.

Seems like we are about to steal another midfielder from Liverpool. Such a shame.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Even after signing Tchouameni the reports out of Madrid were that they were going to be trying to sign Bellingham next summer. Liverpool are putting all of their eggs in one basket in what is going to be a contested signing. Hopefully they waste all summer chasing him before making a huge panic buy or do nothing at all again.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Bellingham doesn’t sign with Liverpool so be it.

I won’t be mad if Bellingham goes to a different team. Especially Madrid.

I will be mad that Liverpool wasted (at least) a window because they were waiting on Bellingham, and didn’t realize that it was going to be an expensive and difficult transfer. I mean, did they think they were going to get a free run at him?

To be posturing for him, and then say it might get too expensive is gross negligence. Especially having not signed anyone else. Honestly would fire the entire back room staff if that happened.

Reactions: Peen

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Rumors today hinting that Kante and Chelsea heading for a divorce, but that he wants to stay in London.

• Wow
Reactions: Blender

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I would have Bellingham in a heart beat. Don't think he signs for Madrid, though. Don't see it. Liverpool makes sense. Could see City too

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00