Transfer: Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion - October-December

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean, you could've afforded to grab Camara, Seiwald, & Thuram, AND see if you'll be able to beat Real & co. to Bellingham...or if Kone will be your best option. Especially if letting your midfield deteriorate while you wait around for Jude's decision, ends up costing you a top 4 finish.

Missing the CL once wouldn't cost you the full 70-80M difference between Kone & Jude's likely pricetags, but it's not like spending the 60-80M that Camara, Seiwald, & Thuram should cost, would've prevented you from paying for Jude if you can get him this summer:dunno:
I agree. You are preaching to the choir. But again LFC, at the minimum, are prude.

Since Summer 2019, if you look at top six in PL. they’ve made half (or less) the number of 20m+ signings compared to every other top six team (not sure if Gakpo/Badashile were accounted for).

LFC have made 5 of this signings. Everyone else besides City (who have 8) has made at least 10.

There haven’t been a lot of misses there compared to others but that’s the biggest reason the squad isn’t refreshed. They have not bought from a position of strength. They are prude/too selective/dumb/whatever you want to call it.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Surprised they're not after MAtS

MAtS seems happy in Barcelona, and Bayern doesn't really spend big on older players anymore.

They'll go after vets that they can get at discount prices like Sabitzer & Laimer...but they only pay the big bucks for guys that they can get 3-5 years out of before selling for more than they bought them for.

They just don't have the financial muscle to maintain their position without buying smarter than the other giants; thus all of the money they've been putting into their academy and kids who haven't yet become senior-team superstars.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Since Summer 2019, if you look at top six in PL. they’ve made half (or less) the number of every other top six team (not sure if Gakpo/Badashile were accounted for).

LFC have made 5 of this signings. Everyone else besides City (who have 8) has made at least 10.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but since Summer 2019, Liverpool has brought in:

1) Nunez
2) Ramsay
3) Gakpo
4) Carvalho
5) Diaz
6) Konate
7) Jota
8) Tsimikas
9) Thiago
and if you include 2019,
10) Minamino
11) Van Den Berg

Which is still fewer than most clubs, I'm just trying to understand what you meant.

MAtS seems happy in Barcelona, and Bayern doesn't really spend big on older players anymore.

They'll go after vets that they can get at discount prices like Sabitzer & Laimer...but they only pay the big bucks for guys that they can get 3-5 years out of before selling for more than they bought them for.

They just don't have the financial muscle to maintain their position without buying smarter than the other giants; thus all of the money they've been putting into their academy and kids who haven't yet become senior-team superstars.
Yeah I just thought the German connection might help.

New thread time:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I agree. You are preaching to the choir. But again LFC, at the minimum, are prude.

Since Summer 2019, if you look at top six in PL. they’ve made half (or less) the number of every other top six team (not sure if Gakpo/Badashile were accounted for).

There haven’t been a lot of misses there compared to others but that’s the biggest reason the squad isn’t refreshed. They have not bought from a position of strength. They are prude/too selective/dumb/whatever you want to call it.

What's so weird about it is that it's not like you had a Jude the last time Klopp won you trophies. Your midfield had great energy, but it was more functional than technical, giving the front 3 + WBs a strong base and pressing ferociously. You don't need a Jude to recreate that. That can be achieved with Fabinho, Kone, Thuram, Camara, Seiwald, Elliott, & Carvahlo.

This obsession with getting Jude to be your new Gerrard is some seriously ManU-esque foolishness.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Neither did Enzo according to this

Not what Benfica fans are saying.
He was neither authorized to go back to new year's even in Argentina nor taking a training off according to them.

If it was up to me. LFC need at least one, probably two starting caliber guys. Kone I have always liked but he might be a bit raw right now. Thuram probably more raw than Kone. It’s a lousy situation. I think this waiting for Bellingham is insane.
I advise you to catch the Rennes/Nice replay from last night (skip the freaky Terrier injury though, terrible moment).
Todibo and Thuram are hardly raw and would solve A LOT of team's problems.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He was neither authorized to go back to new year's even in Argentina nor taking a training off according to them.
I would trust Merlo (one of the best sources in Argentina) more than some random Benfica fans.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don’t think any of those are bad names. And to an extent I agree. But they do need a franchise player in the midfield too.
How many franchise midfielders did you have when you won the EPL/CL?

What's so weird about it is that it's not like you had a Jude the last time Klopp won you trophies. Your midfield had great energy, but it was more functional than technical, giving the front 3 + WBs a strong base and pressing ferociously. You don't need a Jude to recreate that. That can be achieved with Fabinho, Kone, Thuram, Camara, Seiwald, Elliott, & Carvahlo.

This obsession with getting Jude to be your new Gerrard is some seriously ManU-esque foolishness.
100%

I would trust Merlo (one of the best sources in Argentina) more than some random Benfica fans.
Hardly random. Those are people close to the club.
Not surprised an argentinian source gives the argentinian player's side though :dunno: He probably had only Enzo's words.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Hardly random. Those are people close to the club.
Not surprised an argentinian source gives the argentinian player's side though :dunno: He probably had only Enzo's words.
You said "fans" where are your Benfica sources saying he didnt have permission? Same can be said about Benfica fans...

As for the latter part thats speculation... He's one of the best journalists in Argentina. Unless you can provide the same you are speculating.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

You said "fans" where are your Benfica sources saying he didnt have permission? Same can be said about Benfica fans...

As for the latter part thats speculation... He's one of the best journalists in Argentina. Unless you can provide the same you are speculating.
For instance Benfica france or some various portugese football insiders.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

I mean, it's everywhere on Twitter.

Record said it.

"Enzo Fernández generates scolding: Benfica makes ultimatum and advances with midfielder punishment
He missed the two training sessions yesterday, irritated Schmidt and will be penalized by Benfica."

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If that true then Benfica would penalize him as reported in the link you provided. Best to wait and see if they do punish him then Merlo is wrong if they dont then he's right. I would trust him as I said he;s reliable.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The Celtic Rangers match was pretty wild.
Lots of run and gun... Ibrox is one of my favorite atmospheres

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but since Summer 2019, Liverpool has brought in:

1) Nunez
2) Ramsay
3) Gakpo
4) Carvalho
5) Diaz
6) Konate
7) Jota
8) Tsimikas
9) Thiago
and if you include 2019,
10) Minamino
11) Van Den Berg

Which is still fewer than most clubs, I'm just trying to understand what you meant.

Yeah I just thought the German connection might help.

New thread time:

Edited wrong, but meant to say transfers over 20m

For sure. Agree with all of this. I don’t think it’s a coincidence with Edwards/Ward leaving. FSG selling. Something behind the scenes is up. Either way LFC are not behaving in the way that made them successful

I advise you to catch the Rennes/Nice replay from last night (skip the freaky Terrier injury though, terrible moment).
Todibo and Thuram are hardly raw and would solve A LOT of team's problems.
If it was up to me. But as I have said, LFC have kind of trapped themselves in a corner now with the Jude stuff.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad