Transfer: Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion - January

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If Enzo doesn't get bought in January, the price will drop by the summer.
Will it? Hopefully it does but I could see someone losing out on Jude panicking and paying what Benfica want. There's a reason why they want to keep him even with Chelsea paying asking price.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Player likely will push. Benfica won’t be looking at making it further in CL. So yeah, I’d expect it to go down some.
I strongly disagree. Benfica has Club Brugge next and won a group with PSG in it. Why can’t Benfica make a run? And they have a domestic league to win

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Will it? Hopefully it does but I could see someone losing out on Jude panicking and paying what Benfica want. There's a reason why they want to keep him even with Chelsea paying asking price.
They really don't want to keep him at that price. They know they have a once in a while opportunity here.
Benfica is just playing strong arm because Chelsea is ready to go to any number.

Player likely will push. Benfica won’t be looking at making it further in CL. So yeah, I’d expect it to go down some.
I'd say skipping two trainings is already pushing for it.

I strongly disagree. Benfica has Club Brugge next and won a group with PSG in it. Why can’t Benfica make a run? And they have a domestic league to win
In very particular circumstances that involved different standards of reffing and a political stance made by a third team.

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
In very particular circumstances that involved different standards of reffing and a political stance made by a third team.
Doesn’t matter. Not saying that they are better than PSG, I’m just saying the QF should be a minimum for them and they can go further if things break right. They are better than they were last year and worse teams than them have gotten further

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They really don't want to keep him at that price. They know they have a once in a while opportunity here.
Benfica is just playing strong arm because Chelsea is ready to go to any number.

I'd say skipping two trainings is already pushing for it.

They do if there coach is believed... plus Chelsea has already stated they are going for asking price or close to it.

Bold is speculation again.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Credible journalists are saying that Chelsea are not willing to go asking price and believe they have the leverage to take that position because no other club is willing to go asking price. So

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
They do if there coach is believed... plus Chelsea has already stated they are going for asking price or close to it.

Bold is speculation again.

Of course the coach wants to keep the player. But there's a reason why he doesn't decide.
120M is not cheap change for Benfica. They have a huge opportunity here to get some much needed finances for a while.

Speculation?
He didn't skip two training sessions?
Man, that's a fact.

Credible journalists are saying that Chelsea are not willing to go asking price and believe they have the leverage to take that position because no other club is willing to go asking price. So
The fact they're willing to go near 120M is stupid enough. Maybe they're realizing they're bidding against themselves and that Benfica would gladly sell for much less if they hadn't patined themselves in a corner.
Seems to me like two desparate teams here.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Of course the coach wants to keep the player. But there's a reason why he doesn't decide.
120M is not cheap change for Benfica. They have a huge opportunity here to get some much needed finances for a while.

Speculation?
He didn't skip two training sessions?
Man, that's a fact.
Rui Costa their president I meant.

He did but with permission it seems so hardly "pushing" for a move. Although the reports are clear he wants Chelsea. How bad is anyone's guess.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah and the newspaper I gave is much more connected to Benfica.
Your guy is hardly connected to the club.
And if he reports it... it means he's done his due diligence. I would trust him until proven otherwise. Benfica havent commented on a punishment either.

With the news of a possible stall. Im guessing he will play this weekend. Implying there are no issues.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And if he reports it... it means he's done his due diligence. I would trust him until proven otherwise. Benfica havent commented on a punishment either.

With the news of a possible stall. Im guessing he will play this weekend. Implying there are no issues.
You can trust anyone you want. That doesn't make it any truer.
If you think there aren't issues, you probably missed the last game. He had no interest in the game and clearly showed he wanted out. Worst player on the pitch.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I meant to them selling come summer at a lower price than now
Still. The player is 22, just won best young player at the World Cup and is under contract. Where is the motivation? His value isn’t going down unless he gets a major injury

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Still. The player is 22, just won best young player at the World Cup and is under contract. Where is the motivation? His value isn’t going down unless he gets a major injury
Of course it is. Because his value is nowhere near 120M.
His real value is half of that and we'll be closer to that than 120M in 6 months.

Reactions: luiginb

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You can trust anyone you want. That doesn't make it any truer.
If you think there aren't issues, you probably missed the last game. He had no interest in the game and clearly showed he wanted out. Worst player on the pitch.
It was his first game back lol. Most of the players got a break for their first game and even had rumours that he would be benched it wasn’t decided until the last minute to play him. This is legit baseless.

Anyway,

Rulli to Ajax weird move

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Of course it is. Because his value is nowhere near 120M.
His real value is half of that and we'll be closer to that than 120M in 6 months.
Benfica don’t need the money though. Don’t see why they would have motivation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad