OT - NO POLITICS Winter Olympics - NO politics - Peter Cehlarik eliminates Team USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I know that politics are verboten in this thread so I will only say that, for my own personal reason, I don't wish to watch the winter Olympics this year. That said, I am glad NHL players are back in the Olympic games and should the US go I hope we can win gold finally. It's been too damn long since the US won gold in Olympic hockey.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
.[/QUOTE]

Several things regarding this article.

1) The writer lists Batherson of Ottawa as a potential Team USA player. Batherson is a Canadian who was born in the US. He isn't under consideration and I am surprised this guy doesn't know this.

2) Not a chance Krug and Hughes are both on the team
and I mean zero. Ryan McDonagh will be named with
Slavin and Werenski on LD.

3) I would pick Nelson over Pavelski. Pavelski isn't
putting up the numbers and he is 37 years old.

Last edited:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

Haven't seen the US ones yet, or any others for that matter

I don't mind the white jersey, the red one is a nice color, but that logo sucks, wish they would have had some sort of version of the old Canada Cup jerseys with a modern twist to it. Overall these are not bad, just that logo could be so much better. As long as they have Gold Medals on them at the end of the games then I will still be happy.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I don't mind the white jersey, the red one is a nice color, but that logo sucks, wish they would have had some sort of version of the old Canada Cup jerseys with a modern twist to it. Overall these are not bad, just that logo could be so much better. As long as they have Gold Medals on them at the end of the games then I will still be happy.
Yeah, this is a rare occasion when I like the white jersey best. Agree about the logo.

I also think the US should only ever wear the 1980 version or something very similar. These new styles all the time are just money grabs.

Reactions: bbfan419

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Unsurprisingly, they're disappointing again. It really shouldn't be that difficult. Just stick with these.

any_name_800__41535.1611431210.1280.1280.jpg

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Yeah, this is a rare occasion when I like the white jersey best. Agree about the logo.

I also think the US should only ever wear the 1980 version or something very similar. These new styles all the time are just money grabs.
Exactly, they keep coming out with new designs to make money.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
The white's look best for both, Canada's others could look okay in person, but probably not. US's look like soccer uni's, not a big fan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad