Blue Jays Discussion: Winter Meetings: Because there's no more fitting time to talk baseball than December

Status
Not open for further replies.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
They did that for MLB 15 I think Nem. Never played 14 myself but have a few pros on rtts for 15 and I'm pretty sure that's an option.

And yea, I've never been a big fan of those stub ultimate team things, opening packs. Meh.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
It makes it sound like they're going with that "ultimate team" nonsense that all the EA games have hooked people on. Ugh.

I just want them to make it so you can continue your RTTS game from version to version. I'm sick of re-starting my career every time I just make it to the bigs as a pitcher.

They've had Diamond Dynasty (their version of ultimate team) out for two years now, with it being overhauled and actually pretty legit in MLB15. They implemented a system where you get cards (players) for completing any activity, something as simple as playing a game in RTTS. It's pretty random but I ended up getting Trout one day, sold him, and basically built up a legit 25 man roster. Player values also weren't overly ridiculous and the highest non-legend was Trout where he ranged from 75K-125K throughout the season (compared to like 500K-1M for NHL HUT superstars).

RTTS/Franchise/Postseason modes have continuation already on MLB15, but I'm not sure if it's just for PS4 users.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I'm an ootp guy myself. It's quick and deals straight to the point of running a franchise.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
They've had Diamond Dynasty (their version of ultimate team) out for two years now, with it being overhauled and actually pretty legit in MLB15. They implemented a system where you get cards (players) for completing any activity, something as simple as playing a game in RTTS. It's pretty random but I ended up getting Trout one day, sold him, and basically built up a legit 25 man roster. Player values also weren't overly ridiculous and the highest non-legend was Trout where he ranged from 75K-125K throughout the season (compared to like 500K-1M for NHL HUT superstars).

RTTS/Franchise/Postseason modes have continuation already on MLB15, but I'm not sure if it's just for PS4 users.

I ended up getting Kershaw as a post game reward once.

And there were points when people used stub glitches and inflated the market like crazy (Trout went for nearly 200k at peak :amazed:).

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Gosh do I ever miss baseball on my console (Xbox one) :(

That arcade game they had last year rbi baseball got horrible reviews.

Hoping someone is working on a game for next year.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Thank god the Jays were never in on Samardzija.

Going to the Giants should help him (pitching coaching staff and AT&T Park being large), but I wouldn't have considered 90mil for him.

PJJ

Jun 26, 2015
GTA
Maybe Osuna, Estrada and Chavez can convince their fellow Mexican Soria to come over

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I'm still counting on the Jays putting money into the pen.

Who's with me here, is that not a good use of payroll?

If the Jays' new front-office is interested in payroll efficiency then that would be the first place to start.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Which 2 top bullpen arms would you sign if you had the choice?

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I'm an ootp guy myself. It's quick and deals straight to the point of running a franchise.

I play FM obsessively but never got into OOTP. Not sure why

Looks like MLB '16 actually has retractable roofs this time around so perhaps I'll get it.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I have always been curious about OOTP. Do I have to buy each season? I am assuming so, thus why last years is on sale lol half price.

Thanks

Each version is a stand alone game that let's you play any year (even historical years in the 1800's) until for basically forever, it's just each year it's improved a little. Ootp 16 brought in coaching and scouting personalities that effect player performance as well as an improved free agency contract negotiations and draft.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Agreed. Beane's strategies seem to be changing.

Trade Donaldson for prospects, sign a DH to a high $ contract for a "poor" team. Trade a starting pitcher for a reliever and then overpay 2 years in a row on a sub premium reliever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad