OT - NO POLITICS Winter is coming.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Not a waffle, breakfast or sweets guy. Savory, salty, sour and bitter.

Like me.
I don't often eat a waffle. I like carbs but not too sweet. Carbs are my downfall.

I don't like Baklava. I don't like frosting or icing. I do like cinnamon buns but without icing. I like cake without frosting. I don't often eat cake though.

As a child my Mom would make homemade cupcakes and she would make a few with no frosting for me. She also made a delicious white cake (lots of egg whites) for birthdays and decorate. I would scrape off the frosting.

Last edited:

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I don't often eat a waffle. I like carbs but not too sweet. Carbs are my downfall.

I don't like Baklava. I don't like frosting or icing. I do like cinnamon buns but without icing. I like cake without frosting. I don't ften eat cake though.

As a child my Mom would make homemade cupcakes and she would make a few with no frosting for me. She also made a delicious white cake (lots of egg whites) for birthdays and decorate. I would scrape off the frosting.
My birthday cake has always been white cake with peanut butter frosting

Reactions: Ladyfan

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

I don't like Baklava. I don't like frosting or icing. I do like cinnamon buns but without icing. I like cake without frosting. I don't ften eat cake though.

Martin Crane:

"Who gets to lick the bag?"

My mother was a gourmet, as is my sister Mary Patricia ("Patter"). A good Catholic girl.

As noted, not a breakfast, sweets, or baked goods fan. But hey, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla,

✌️😎

Last edited:
Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
So I was dragging out some bins from my extra closet to get to the Christmas decorations, and got distracted by one particular bin that had a bunch of old family stuff. I seriously need to get rid of a bunch of things. Anyway, thought @BMC might enjoy seeing this old NASA book with lunar photos... including some in 3D with glasses included lol

20221201_203307.jpg
20221201_203337.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: caz16

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It's $25 for the chipotle pastrami, and I ain't paying $25+ for a pastrami sandwich, no matter how good. Too cheap.

However, because it's such a treat, and I received two rather handsome federal tax refunds recently, after waiting over a year, I'm going to pick up a lobster roll for the same price at Luke's in downtown crossing tomorrow.

Warm clarified butter, this time out. Rather than mayo. I hear good things about Luke's so we'll see how it goes..

Review pending.

Has anyone else been to Alden and Harlow in Harvard square? It's been 5 plus years, but that was very, very good. Pork shoulder.
The chipotle pastrami is damn good, as is the pastrami diablo. I’m sure that’s $25 as well

Reactions: GordonHowe

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
When I worked in Boston our admin at the front desk used to alert me for a lagrasses order lunch meeting when the leftover sandwiches came out. Loved it, much better than J Pace which we got too much

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I cut my own. My hair is way thinner than it used to be, but it still grows fast.

If I screw up I just cut more
Back in my 80's big hair phase I had below shoulders length hair which I had permed. The price was $75 which ended up being $100 after tip. I can't even imagine what it would cost now.

Today I go to Great Clips (the official hair salon of the NHL)....I'm in their system so no matter what city I'm visiting they have my 'details' ready when I check in.

Ever so often I go to an upscale salon for a bit of pampering....I now have a pixie cut so it's not too expensive....

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Back in my 80's big hair phase I had below shoulders length hair which I had permed. The price was $75 which ended up being $100 after tip. I can't even imagine what it would cost now.

Today I go to Great Clips (the official hair salon of the NHL)....I'm in their system so no matter what city I'm visiting they have my 'details' ready when I check in.

Ever so often I go to an upscale salon for a bit of pampering....I now have a pixie cut so it's not too expensive....
My hair is a little shorter than shoulder length. When I got a color touch up, highlights, cut, and style, it cost me over $200 with tip at the salon i go to. Ouch.

I really need to stretch out the time between my visits a little more. I only get highlights maybe once a year or so, so not every visit is that expensive. I just like my stylist and she knows me and what I want.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
My hair is a little shorter than shoulder length. When I got a color touch up, highlights, cut, and style, it cost me over $200 with tip at the salon i go to. Ouch.

I really need to stretch out the time between my visits a little more. I only get highlights maybe once a year or so, so not every visit is that expensive. I just like my stylist and she knows me and what I want.
I had my hair permed about every three months...I could get away with flat roots for that long...it still grows so fast - I have a cut once a month now.

I actually took a picture of Guns 'n Roses original drummer Steven Adler to my stylist and said 'make my hair look like his' - and he did!!!

Reactions: NeelyDan and BMC

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

I don't like Baklava. I don't like frosting or icing. I do like cinnamon buns but without icing. I like cake without frosting. I don't often eat cake though.

Oh my....I love royal icing - the kinda crunchy type like om wedding cakes. The overly sweet icing isn't my favorite and I really don't like cream cheese frosting like on carrot cake.

Love pancakes and waffles...with or without chicken...

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So I was dragging out some bins from my extra closet to get to the Christmas decorations, and got distracted by one particular bin that had a bunch of old family stuff. I seriously need to get rid of a bunch of things. Anyway, thought @BMC might enjoy seeing this old NASA book with lunar photos... including some in 3D with glasses included lol

View attachment 615842View attachment 615843
OMG that is so cool 😎

Thanks @Bruinaura you’re the best! 🚀

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
One thing I miss about Vegas

Attachments

• 8A259B58-4681-4028-96B5-5F1B567B762A.jpeg
    8A259B58-4681-4028-96B5-5F1B567B762A.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 1
  • B1324006-B04A-40D6-B94D-0429EB0E29EA.jpeg
    B1324006-B04A-40D6-B94D-0429EB0E29EA.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 32F69958-E270-4524-9C4B-7A2E263D4E37.jpeg
    32F69958-E270-4524-9C4B-7A2E263D4E37.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 1
  • 0B73E4C0-6F7A-46B1-90D3-4161145EC5AB.jpeg
    0B73E4C0-6F7A-46B1-90D3-4161145EC5AB.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 1
  • 7DA74B82-9C92-4B14-A56C-CA961D0BE29B.jpeg
    7DA74B82-9C92-4B14-A56C-CA961D0BE29B.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: BMC

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I had my hair permed about every three months...I could get away with flat roots for that long...it still grows so fast - I have a cut once a month now.

I actually took a picture of Guns 'n Roses original drummer Steven Adler to my stylist and said 'make my hair look like his' - and he did!!!

Man, Guns n Roses with Skid Row at the CNE in Toronto in 1993. Best concert EVER.

This guy has a paw infection, but there is no cone in existence large enough for him so they have to have one custom made. As you can see, he's very, very embarrassed about this fact.

Chibby.jpg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

I do highlights but only maybe 3x a year if that. I do them to help hide the gray I do have.

I need a touch up when I get home and I think I am just going to skip the highlights and go back to my base color which is dark brown. It will knock the price down a little at least.

Now if I could only get my hair to hold a damn curl. Having bone straight hair sucks.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I do highlights but only maybe 3x a year if that. I do them to help hide the gray I do have.

I need a touch up when I get home and I think I am just going to skip the highlights and go back to my base color which is dark brown. It will knock the price down a little at least.

Now if I could only get my hair to hold a damn curl. Having bone straight hair sucks.
I agree. Me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad