Winnipeg Police arrest Scalpers (Jets Ticket Scalpers)

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
I am almost shocked, Killion. Are you suggesting that TNSE is pushing an agenda on the Winnipeg Police service to carry out their will? As much as I detest our near communist rule in Manitoba, the law of the land must be carried. If the people of Manitoba wish a law to be repealed, there are still avenues in which to express discontent. If enough folks push for the removal of the act, it can be removed from the books.

Lets all keep in mind that there are two quite seperate forces at work on this. Contract law for the season ticket holders. If you agreed to the terms you are obligated to follow them. No one was forced to purchase the season seats. The 2nd is the Amusement act in which you are not permitted to sell a ticket for more than face value. If you partake in this you are exposed on two seperate fronts.

The WPS has a long glorious history of being in someones back pocket (or at least appearing to be there (or at least taking the "establishment" side on things and looking comfortable doing it)) all the way back to the 1919 General Strike.

I couldn't believe it in the presser when Michalysin called the buyers the victims in this with a straight face, I nearly spit my drink on the TV.

AllByDesign

Who's this ABD guy??
Mar 17, 2010
Location, Location!
Affirmative ABD. Im not "suggesting" it. Im saying it. Straight out. TNSE's Attorneys wouldve contacted the WPS & "reminded" them of the statutes in the Amusement Act & that they fully expected them to enforce strict adherence to the letter of the law.

The WPS has a long glorious history of being in someones back pocket (or at least appearing to be there (or at least taking the "establishment" side on things and looking comfortable doing it)) all the way back to the 1919 General Strike.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad