Dreger: Winnipeg looking for defensive help

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
This only works under 2 conditions:

1) The Jets are REALLY committed to making the playoffs year (probably not considering how much we've used Pavs)

2) We are looking for another d-men that we will protect and then expose Myers.

I can't see us picking someone up for anything more than a 4th or 5th rounder "just because"

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm gonna guess they're looking for defensive help to stay in the hunt?

Nobody knows what's in Chevy's mind (take that any way you like :laugh: ) but you don't need to stay in the hunt when you've never been in it. A long term fix at 3LD would make sense. A short term replacement for Myers when we have gone through 55 games without him already would not.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Is it really so surprising that a coach would say that a dman who he plays 20 minutes a night is used in a "top three or four role"? That means 2nd pairing.

He wasn't talking about a guy who plays in less than half the games and averages 11 and a half minutes like Mark Stuart, who still has another year left at $2.625m.

A Mac is not much better than Stuart and he is under contract for another 3 years. No thanks, even at 50%.

We don't mind aiming a little higher. Philly has LHD coming out their ...... ears. Set a reasonable price on Sanheim or Phillipe Myers. Don't bother coming back with MDZ please.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
A Mac is not much better than Stuart and he is under contract for another 3 years. No thanks, even at 50%.

Stuart can barely get on the ice on a bottom 5 team who have been missing a top four dman all season long between Trouba and Myers absences.

In any event, I didn't offer MacDonald. I offered Schultz at 50%, and you ain't getting Sanheim or PMyers.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Hawks have Gusstafson (EXEMPT) POKKA RD that we would trade if we could get a LW back.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Davidson and Pouliot for Stafford and Lowry

Pouliot's contract makes it an absolute no-go. Cut the crap (=Pouliot and Stafford) and we have something. (although I hate the thought of giving up on Lowry)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You can have Manning. Can play in the top 6 and won't get claimed in ED.

One year left after this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad