Dreger: Winnipeg looking for defensive help

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So someone fairly cheap, but not a UFA, and not so good that they would have to worry about Vegas taking them.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Davidson would be a really nice fit there, however I doubt the Jets have room to protect him so it makes little sense.

Very, very interested in Davidson. What we truly need is a bottom pairing - we have four guys who can run the top 4, but after that... yeah. Davidson would be a nice fit. Who would you be interested in?

Andrew MacDonald

Flyers retain 50%

Nope. No cap dumps.

Isles will have to cut a contract or two for expansion purposes, CDH/Hickey/Hamonic could all be available.

Interesting names, but I doubt we have the offensive help you would be looking for, if the guy coming back is as good as Hamonic or de Haan.

backburner

May 6, 2011
NJ, USA
Very, very interested in Davidson. What we truly need is a bottom pairing - we have four guys who can run the top 4, but after that... yeah. Davidson would be a nice fit. Who would you be interested in?

Nope. No cap dumps.

Interesting names, but I doubt we have the offensive help you would be looking for, if the guy coming back is as good as Hamonic or de Haan.

Not sure A.Mac is a cap dump at 2.5 mil. He is a top 3 defenseman just ask Hakstol

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Very, very interested in Davidson. What we truly need is a bottom pairing - we have four guys who can run the top 4, but after that... yeah. Davidson would be a nice fit. Who would you be interested in.

I think straight up for Lowry is fair.

Also like Petan or Lemieux straight up.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Isles will have to cut a contract or two for expansion purposes, CDH/Hickey/Hamonic could all be available.

How would this make any sense?

Unless it's a high profile forward going to the Islanders, wouldn't NYI just be exposing whoever they trade for?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I think straight up for Lowry is fair.

Also like Petan or Lemieux straight up.

I think I'd rather do Petan than Lowry at this point. Matthias-Lowry-Armia has been working like a charm lately, and I do not want that line to be broken up.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Jets really need to try to shore up the defense to make the playoffs IMO.

If they can make the playoffs this year and do some damage, they could potentially set themselves up to make a run next year if they make the right moves. Soon they're going to be giving out big deals to Ehlers/Laine and their forward group isn't going to be as deep as it is now.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Brendan Dillon would be available from the Sharks I think. Preferably a third line center or a pick/prospect coming back.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
We're not making the playoffs this year, it's already too late and the GM was too slow to act. Whoever it is, has to be between Stuart/Melchiori and Enstrom, not cost a lot, and not be an expansion draft risk.

If the rumor is true, maybe management realized that Brian Strait isn't the solution...

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Kulikov?

Also, de Haan or Hickey, but price obviously high on de haan.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Not sure A.Mac is a cap dump at 2.5 mil. He is a top 3 defenseman just ask Hakstol

Is it really so surprising that a coach would say that a dman who he plays 20 minutes a night is used in a "top three or four role"? That means 2nd pairing.

He wasn't talking about a guy who plays in less than half the games and averages 11 and a half minutes like Mark Stuart, who still has another year left at $2.625m.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad