Series Discussion: Winnipeg Jets vs Calgary Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Sorry boyz, don't share the enthusiasm, no hockey played for 2 months now, boys will need a couple weeks to get back in game shape, first round in mid June, second round end of June and then into July, kinda hard to get too enthused at this point, I for one won't be sitting inside watching hockey in our very short summer!
Short summer?
What you never heard of global warming ... no more winters.

Reactions: hn777

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
With injuries/rest a non factor, and lots of rust all around, I think goaltending will be even more important than usual. Rittich is good but Hellebuyck is better. Also, Schief and Wheels being well rested will neutralize the negatives of their overuse so I think that bodes well for us also.

It will be a tough, tight series, but I think Jets win in 4 or 5 games.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
So pumped - a pretty solid format but they absolutely have to reseed after the play in. No way a team like Montreal should play team 4 if they beat the pens.

I'll be watching every second.

Would be great to get an update on Little...

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I would love Little back but i was really starting to like Eakin's game, i would have Eakin our 2nd center at least to start the playoffs . Helly will be the difference for us in every series the Jets play because goaltending is the most important position in hockey.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets lines?
Connor Scheif Wheels
Ehlers Eakin Laine
Copp Lowry Perreault
Harkins/Apples Little Roslo

Jmo Demelo
Kulikov Pionk
Beaulieu Poolman

Helly

That’s a solid roster up and down. No worries about road matchups.
Next year add Heinola, Samberg, Gus, KVes to this group and we’re looking good for years to come!

Reactions: ps241 and Jets 31

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Flames I fear:
Tkatchuk
Gaudreau
Actually Lucic come playoff time. Guy could truck people out there if he's on.
Gio

Do not fear at all:
Rittich/Talbot

Flames should fear:
HELLE
---
---
Scheif
Connor
Laine
Wheeler

This should be a good series

Last edited:

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
I would love Little back but i was really starting to like Eakin's game, i would have Eakin our 2nd center at least to start the playoffs . Helly will be the difference for us in every series the Jets play because goaltending is the most important position in hockey.
I agree with you on Eakin and I would like to see Little on the wing with Copp and Lowry. I think they could shut down any top line in the league.

Damn I want hockey back. I messaged my brother at the end of March that the best part about the shutdown could be watching playoff hockey on his deck in July.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Very hard to predict any series because of rust factors. There may be a lot of rusty players being injured.

But - If Jets can pick up where they left off only healthier, they should take Flames in 3 games.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Very hard to predict any series because of rust factors. There may be a lot of rusty players being injured.

But - If Jets can pick up where they left off only healthier, they should take Flames in 3 games.
I think the play in teams will be in a better position because they will be playing meaningful hockey.

Reactions: ps241

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think the play in teams will be in a better position because they will be playing meaningful hockey.

Well, the others will have seeding as a prize. Lacks the same urgency though. I agree, the play-in teams will get a bit of an advantage. I'm concerned with injuries though. Hard to say if that will be a problem or not. Going full out when a little out of shape could be risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad