Winnipeg Jets, village burning

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
If Kupari makes any serious noise for the Jets we'll have to put HFKings on a collective suicide watch. And / or a collective homicide watch if a certain hockey executive is seen in public.

m.

That's okay. I think there's more than enough going on in LA that I think Rob Blake is safe from the vengeance of jaded Kings fans. Even still, he can probably step off onto his balcony and forget about the world of hockey. I know one former Canadian deck builder who does just that.

Jetcetera

Jan 19, 2015
Manitoba
It's crazy to me that mere weeks ago people said the jets don't have a superstar ergo they aren't a top team. You don't need a superstar to be a top team if you have depth regardless, Connor hellebuck 100% is a superstar. He is the best goalie in a league where star goalies are few and far between and his numbers are insane.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah the fried chicken is better than those two, but it’s not that hard to beat.
Where is the GOOD fried chicken in this city??
I can’t find one.
But!! Years ago, there was a little cook from the VIA rails, Irish kid no less, made the BEST Jerk chicken I ever had.
Where?
Boogies on Main of all places!

I really like Clubhouse Pizza & Chicken's fried chicken over on Osborne. When I pick it up it comes with yummy wedges and ranch dressing dips.

Carbooja

Uncle Salaami
Jun 2, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
I also enjoy fried chicken.
_5e77b533-6e7e-4471-a3eb-4db4eea22483.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: MessierII

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I predict the Canucks take a pretty hefty dive in the second half. They have half their team shooting 5-10 percentage points higher than their career averages, it won't last.
What a novel prediction, people definitely haven't been saying that since game 10 of the season.

Nucks are weird, because their underlying numbers have actually been improving since the break. Maybe they slide, but they just absolutely trucked the NY area on their 7 game road trip.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
What a novel prediction, people definitely haven't been saying that since game 10 of the season.

Nucks are weird, because their underlying numbers have actually been improving since the break. Maybe they slide, but they just absolutely trucked the NY area on their 7 game road trip.
Fake it til you make it. In 17-18 the Jets were out playing their underlying stats by a wide margin and every game I said "fake it til you make it" and they ended up growing into the success they were having. Shooting percentages came down but by then they were shooting and controlling the games more. Confidence can do a lot for a team.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Fake it til you make it. In 17-18 the Jets were out playing their underlying stats by a wide margin and every game I said "fake it til you make it" and they ended up growing into the success they were having. Shooting percentages came down but by then they were shooting and controlling the games more. Confidence can do a lot for a team.
Absolutely. I don't expect them to maintain a top 3 point percentage until the end of the year, but I think people predicting a substantial crash are just hoping for one more than anything.

Reactions: Atoyot and hn777

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Absolutely no hockey fans wants their team to win the Presidents trophy, that's obvious; knowing the outcome.
edu jets.gif

The over reaching favored stats outlining the Jest success is an easy fix.
tenor.gif

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Just gotta say I love how well the Jets are doing.

Getting shit on as a place no one wants to go, but got to keep two of their big free agents. Traded PLD who didn't want to be there and got a player doing better than he is + other players. Amadio is doing well.

Had injuries and to actual key players and still rolled on.

Playing a really good, well-rounded game, too.

12, or 13 consecutive games where they haven't allowed more than 2 and I think I heard 33 games where they haven't allowed more than 3.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I offer a lightly used Pierre Luc Doucheboi for Vilardi. No lowball offers.

No to that but you can have Iafallo back if you really want him.

OK, here's the offer:

From LA to WPG: PLD with 50% retention

To LA from WPG: A second round draft pick that used to belong to Montreal.

If I'm Chevy I don't know if I make this deal...

m.

Reactions: antiqueslivers

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
From 1st overall, coach and GM if the year to Fire everyone.

I hate that I cheer for this team.

Reactions: hn777

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Reminiscent of last year when they nearly choked themselves out of a playoff spot in the new year. Can't remember if they survived round one that year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad