Winnipeg Jets, village burning

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Happy holidays folks! Seems not enough people talking about the Jets and their play this year.

20-9-3 at the break, good for 7th place league wide in terms of points and points percentage. 8-1-1 in their last 10.

Pretty great story considering where many thought this team might be headed this past off-season. The way they are playing right now have to think they can be a darkhorse pick for the cup.

Discuss.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yes the Jets have been alot of fun to watch this season so far, 4 good lines, good goaltending, and good team defensive play. Going into tonight's game against Chicago the Jets have gone 22 straight games without giving up more than 3 goals. Jets are a damn good team. :naughty:

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Happy holidays folks! Seems not enough people talking about the Jets and their play this year.

20-9-3 at the break, good for 7th place league wide in terms of points and points percentage. 8-1-1 in their last 10.

Pretty great story considering where many thought this team might be headed this past off-season. The way they are playing right now have to think they can be a darkhorse pick for the cup.

Discuss.
Keep it down, nobody needs to know.
21AE40DE-EB8C-475F-9109-F450E72420EB.gif

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Jack Eichel is aight.

Also, you think Winnipeg has a shot at the Cup based on what?
Agreed. Eichel is alright…in fact I’d call him great. Superstar - not by my def, but if that’s you’re bar I’d argue Winnipeg has 3 in Kyle Connor - 30 more goals scored than eichel in 20 fewer games, similar ppg, hellebyuck - perennial Vezina contender and past winner, and mark scheifele.

I’m not sure they do have an honest shot at the cup - not for any of the reasons you mentioned.

They have depth, they have superstars - by your definition, or standard, Coach is meh - but not terrible. I’m not sold on him yet.

I personally think they have no shot because they are number one on NTC and NMCs - will make it hard to make meaningful adds for a playoff push near the deadline.

Reactions: SG1990

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
What are you talking about? If Jack Eichel is a superstar then so is Mark Scheifele and Kyle Connor. So somehow Jack Eichel is "aight" but the Winnipeg guys are just chopped liver? Bizarre take.
Exactly - and I don’t (as a jets fan) refer to either as superstars although Connor is severely under appreciated. Eichel is NoT a superstar. But if you’re gonna cal him one so are MS and KC.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
They gotta do something to stay warm up there. Burning villages ought to do it.

I think it's been below -10c once or twice this winter so far?

Currently -4. :thumbu:

No superstar, no depth, bad coach.

Also just look at their games this season, loses to LA, Vegas (2x), Dallas (2x), NYR.. etc. basically all the good teams they lose to all the bad teams they win against (with a couple exceptions here or there but generally).

All that applies to Dallas as well if it applies to Winnipeg.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
No superstar, no depth, bad coach.

Also just look at their games this season, loses to LA, Vegas (2x), Dallas (2x), NYR.. etc. basically all the good teams they lose to all the bad teams they win against (with a couple exceptions here or there but generally).
Hellebuyck isn't a superstar?

In the last 10 games, they've beaten the Avs twice, the Kings once, and the Bruins once, by a combined score of 20-7. Tough crowd.:dunno:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I think it's been below -10c once or twice this winter so far?

Currently -4. :thumbu:

All that applies to Dallas as well if it applies to Winnipeg.

You can't be serious?

Dallas has a superstar, Dallas has depth, and Dallas has a good coach, Dallas also has playoff success, Dallas has leadership, Dallas has experience and Dallas has been to Conference and Stanley Cup finals MULTIPLE times in the last few years.. something Winnipeg can't even get a slight whiff of over a decade of being back in the league.

Comparing these two teams is just sad.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Dallas losses:

Vega (x3), Canucks (x2), Avs, Boston, Panthers, St L (x2), cgy (x2?)
Buzz your girl friend, woof….

Sorry you have no chance at the cup!

Note about the Wpg losses - LA, Vegasx2, NYR losses all over red in October (second Vegas game Nov 2nd). With first vegas and LA games being like the first week of the season.

What have they done since then? 22 games holding opponents to 3 or less goals, Tied for NHL record, beaten LA, Avs twice, Boston, Florida twice, Carolina, TB, etc.

You can't be serious?

Dallas has a superstar, Dallas has depth, and Dallas has a good coach, Dallas also has playoff success, Dallas has leadership, Dallas has experience and Dallas has been to Conference and Stanley Cup finals MULTIPLE times in the last few years.. something Winnipeg can't even get a slight whiff of over a decade of being back in the league.

Comparing these two teams is just sad.
Not sure Dallas has all of those things.

They have Winnipegs number so far this year, that’s for sure!

Deepest playoff run and most experience was the 2019 visit to the Stanley cup finals - courtesy of Coach Rick Bowness, shame you let him go!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad