Winnipeg Jets Top 20 Prospects 2017 - #8

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Scoring 1.125 points per game isn't notable. That is exactly why he's not high on everyone's list.

Kosmachuk 1.49 ppg
Lipon 1.46 ppg
Spacek 1.44 ppg
Lemieux 1.38 ppg
De Leo 1.25 ppg
Lowry 1.22 ppg
Genarro 1.16 ppg
Harkins 1.13 ppg

Aye, which is why my PCS is not that high on him either, which does account for team scoring as well. It gave him only 12.3%. Spacek in comparison got 21.0%.

I mean Samberg, who played in the USHS which is a broken league and is nearly impossible to get double digits in PCS from what I've experienced, nearly has a similar PCS.

THat said, Harkins I view as better than his numbers. But, I've never seen the upside of him being anything more than what we have right now with Copp and Lowry. That limited upside means limited value.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Aye, which is why my PCS is not that high on him either, which does account for team scoring as well. It gave him only 12.3%. Spacek in comparison got 21.0%.

I mean Samberg, who played in the USHS which is a broken league and is nearly impossible to get double digits in PCS from what I've experienced, nearly has a similar PCS.

THat said, Harkins I view as better than his numbers. But, I've never seen the upside of him being anything more than what we have right now with Copp and Lowry. That limited upside means limited value.

I think harkins is better than his junor numbers. i think harkins limited time with moose and scoring is quite telling.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think harkins is better than his junor numbers. i think harkins limited time with moose and scoring is quite telling.

Sure, discard the big sample and believe the small one. :laugh:

Laughing with you, not at you. I have somewhat the same feeling. I have the impression that he was learning to play a 200' game since being drafted, rather than concentrating on scoring. We'll see this year.

That said, I agree with Garrett that he probably has a 3C ceiling. The thing is though that he probably achieves that ceiling, maybe soon.

OTOH, Samberg has a top pair ceiling but quite unlikely he hits it. Much more likely 3rd pair - if he makes the NHL at all.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
It's one year into this "project". I didn't particularly like the pick at the time, but no matter what you think of the prospect, it does take time for them to develop. Sorry - just the way it is with most non-lottery picks.

You say that, But the jets have done very well not drafting anybody from the top 5 besides Laine

And I know, but number 1 picks are used for big impact in the future and 3 years isn't too unreasonable of a timeline to be ready from a number 1 pick
I think long term projects like Stanley(maybe 5 years?) Is better used for a 2nd round pick
Maybe if he had a huge upside, But right now it's "hoping" he even gets into the nhl and makes a good 3rd pair dman

Who could the jets have picked instead? Any centres at 17/19?

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
c266ae29.gif

-
-
-
-
-
-
-