Winnipeg Jets the Last Canadian Team in the Playoffs

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Canada's team is kinda a farce.. but at the same time... Most of Canada is watching the Jets. I know alot of people who are rooting for the Jets even tho they were never a big fan. thus kinda making them Canadas team atm .

Oh I have no doubt that that does happen. I just think it's very pompous to label yourself as "Canada's Team". As if it is EXPECTED for everyone to cheer for us. Sure there are people that will jump on the wagon simply because we are the last Canadian team but it's certainly not to be expected.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
BTW, i think the Pens are still a bigger draw in Canada. I need to see the ratings.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Yes because Leaf fans don't cheer for your fav team. But you never cheer for the Leafs. Why the double-standard?
I could careless if you cheer for them. But to come in and shit on them and act superior in every which way then next post act like a Victim. You are in every Jets thread whining away. You come into a Jets thread to go "TORONTO #1 BITCHES LOOK AT US. WE RULE " no one cares . You are in every Vancouver thread aswell doing the same.

Reactions: bert

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Jets were called Canada's team so I cited an article from the last 48 hrs on the subject. Makes sense.

Do you think that maybe....JUST MAYBE.....when they referenced "Canada's Team" they were using it in regards to hockey?

I mean.....this is a hockey forum.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I could careless if you cheer for them. But to come in and **** on them and act superior in every which way then next post act like a Victim. You are in every Jets thread whining away. You come into a Jets thread to go "TORONTO #1 *****ES LOOK AT US. WE RULE " no one cares . You are in every Vancouver thread aswell doing the same.
I picked the Jets in the finals. You have no idea what you are talking about.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
When I was in Toronto recently most fans were really cool but the ones on here are just angry miserable children that hate everything that is not Toronto.

I could careless if you cheer for them. But to come in and **** on them and act superior in every which way then next post act like a Victim. You are in every Jets thread whining away. You come into a Jets thread to go "TORONTO #1 *****ES LOOK AT US. WE RULE " no one cares . You are in every Vancouver thread aswell doing the same.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Stick to the subject people, basketball and baseball are completely OT. This is a hockey forum and thread.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Similarly, fans searching for information on the Jets have been predominantly based in Manitoba and Nunavut.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
I say this...if you cheer for multiple teams, if you cheer for a team that isn't your "fave" during the regular season or what have you.....then you're a bandwagoner.

I'm a Habs fan. Greatest franchise of all the timez. Wouldn't dream of cheering for another team. I just enjoy the Hockey.

There ain't no Canada team right now. They're off playing at the worlds atm.

Reactions: nucks88

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Watched only part of that 2nd period when there were 4 goals scored and was 3-1 and thought WOW the Jets just dont give up even when the momentum against them.\...

Looked back a the score a few hours later 6-2 geeze looks light they deflayhted the Preds pretty easily

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I say this...if you cheer for multiple teams, if you cheer for a team that isn't your "fave" during the regular season or what have you.....then you're a bandwagoner.

I'm a Habs fan. Greatest franchise of all the timez. Wouldn't dream of cheering for another team. I just enjoy the Hockey.

Agreed. My group of friends and co-workers covers a few different fanbases and no one is cheering for the Jets. I don't understand why some try to push this "Canada's team" thing. Fans of other Canadian teams do not care Canada has had this Cup drought since 1993. They only care about their own teams drought.

Reactions: nucks88 and JJ68

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada

Cheering for a team and calling yourself a fan of one is 2 different things. I'm a Vancouver Detroit fan. But i'll Cheer on other teams when my teams are not in the race.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Cheering for a team and calling yourself a fan of one is 2 different things. I'm a Vancouver Detroit fan. But i'll Cheer on other teams when my teams are not in the race.

OK but what do you get out of it? When my team wins I get this elated, happy feeling. Sometimes it's hard to describe. If you're simply cheering on this other franchise that you would normally hate if they played your own fave team, what do you feel???

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I, as a Jets fan, cheer against other Canadian teams in the playoffs (except Ottawa, and Vancouver when they were good just because I like Luongo), so I totally get it if Canadians don't want to cheer for the Jets. But they're missing out on a great team that is a ton of fun to watch ;)

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
OK but what do you get out of it? When my team wins I get this elated, happy feeling. Sometimes it's hard to describe. If you're simply cheering on this other franchise that you would normally hate if they played your own fave team, what do you feel???
I dont cheer for teams i hate. I dont hate winnipeg. I usually cheer for the team that is going against teams i hate. Like screw Boston and SJ as a nuck fan so go Vegas and and TB!

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg

So I started off cheering for the Rangers. I moved to Winnipeg during the time that the team was still gone. The Jets came back and I wanted to also cheer for a team from the city I lived in. So because I cheer for both the Rangers and the Jets, I'm a bandwagoner? And honestly, what's wrong with being a bandwagoner anyway? Maybe, people want a team to cheer for because they love hockey and want something to keep them invested in the playoffs? I see nothing wrong with that at all. Bandwagon away.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
I'm Canadian but not particularly patriotic by any means however it would be refreshing to see the Jets win if my Pens falter to the task. I began watching the Pens because of Mario, not because he's Canadian as much as the talent and scoring. Jets and Pens are FUN to watch, case closed.

Reactions: bert

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
This sums up most Toronto fans. And you wonder why we never cheer for your team.

I don't know anyone with my specific take on teams and who I cheer for. It is the opposite of most Toronto fans I know, who sort of like the Jets as far enough away not to be a threat and a good Canadian underdog/comeback story. You are not even remotely close to the truth in thinking the teams I cheer for and why represent most Toronto fans.

Also, who cares who other people cheer for? I don't care who cheers for Toronto and who doesn't. Don't take it personally.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Rangers fan here...love the Jets team. I was really upset in 1997 when they moved (was pretty young then but always thought why, is this going to help the franchise and league? And we're still asking that with AZ) Love the jerseys too and the passion of the fanbase. I remember in 2011 when Bettman said something like "this isn't a permanent move let's see how this goes" and they sell out the building for like five years after that presser.

Hated how the 82-93 playoff format cost that team/city millions of dollars.

I don't understand the whole 'keep Cup out of Canada" movement that some fans believe in. It would be absolute badd*ss if the Jets are the team to bring it back up the border.

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Good for them. Hopefully they can bring the cup back to Canada. All eyes in Canada are now on Winnipeg and the Jets.

Nah, they will bring the Cup to...Winnipeg for the first time. I get bupkis out of the Jets winning a Cup. Dorion and Melnyk and then get bupkis. It's not a "Cup fo Canada" unless it's the Canada Cup or the Gold Medal at the Olympics or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad