Winnipeg Jets the Last Canadian Team in the Playoffs

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I have lived in Canada my whole life and am a proud Canadian - Go Predators. Failing that, go Knights or Sharks.

I have no interest in seeing the Jets win. No interest in any team other than the Canucks bringing the Cup back to Canada.

I just said the same thing about the "Canada's Team" BS that gets tossed around every year by whatever CDN team is left.

Most CDN fans hate all but their team. I actively cheer against them.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
Jets playoffs.jpg

Feb 24, 2017
I have lived in Canada my whole life and am a proud Canadian - Go Predators. Failing that, go Knights or Sharks.

I have no interest in seeing the Jets win. No interest in any team other than the Canucks bringing the Cup back to Canada.
Thank you
Besides when I thought the Canucks were going to win in 1994 and 2011, my favourite ever finals was cheering against all the pathetic sheep oilers band wagoners around here. I was the biggest “caniac” around for two weeks.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I just said the same thing about the "Canada's Team" BS that gets tossed around every year by whatever CDN team is left.

Most CDN fans hate all but their team. I actively cheer against them.

yeah that's not true lol

but the canucks had their chance. now they're in some weird rebuild let them be where they are

cheered for the flames when they were in the cup

cheered for the oilers, but they had their chance and now theyve had a joke of management for a while with multiple first picks so they get whatever comes to them

it's the east coast teams I usually don't cheer except Ottawa I'm down

don't mind Montreal once they get better management so they've had their opportunities tho

it's the jets time right now. they've patiently drafted and developed
the way rheyve handled a new franchise is a good example and should be rewarded imo
they didn't tank or anything like that. they even made it to the playoffs once

of course it's bias, but the jets only have one top 5 pick and they weren't even supposed to pick in the top 5
and only two top 10 picks
most of the team is home grown talent to boot

down for the cup to come back to Canada and the jets are within the vicinity more than any other Canadian team right now

tl;Dr you're just a petty hater who can't cheer when your teams not into it

Last edited:

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
but "they have bad advanced stats"

naww not all about corsi

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
As a Canadian and non-Jet fan I'd love to see them win it all. I think unlike the Leafs, most Canadians would be thrilled with their success. Also, they have one of the strongest teams in the playoffs, so you'd be hitching onto a most likely successful wagon.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Canada's team or hated rival, either way it definitely increases general interest to have a Canadian team in there. Personally, its way past time for a Canadian city to get to enjoy having a Cup winning team, and thats why I rank them as my 2nd-8th favorite teams for now. I'll get back to hating the Leafs and Habs after that happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad