Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects Thread 2018-19 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
At least this way he'll at least get top 4 minutes in his new school. But unless he progresses substantially he'll have a hard time making it to the AHL. Niagara doesn't seem to develop many pros.

Yeah I'm thinking he is likely done either way. The Moose might offer him a gig to play for them once he's done but in all likelihood he's a career minor leaguer at this point.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Meanwhile Blaisdell is centering North Dakota's top line and has his first NCAA assist 8 minutes into his game.

EDIT: is LW on the top line.

They should be a decent team this year. Pinto is a pretty slick player. Their defence is pretty loaded too, led by Tucker Poolman's younger brother and current team captain Colton Poolman.

sfo

Oct 13, 2008
Blaisdell on the first line? Nice!
I didn’t see that coming.

That’s actually the 3rd line. UND just always starts games with that line. It’s the “energy” line.

For the record, the line he is playing on was 2/3rds of UND’s most productive line last year.

Reactions: hn777 and Atoyot

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
That’s actually the 3rd line. UND just always starts games with that line. It’s the “energy” line.

For the record, the line he is playing on was 2/3rds of UND’s most productive line last year.
Thanks for the correction, good to know!

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I loved this pick as well. He has some solid potential and could fill a really important role on this team in a few years.

Of course, I also predicted he would turn out to be the best pick of ours that draft, and that prediction has not aged well. :laugh:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Of course, I also predicted he would turn out to be the best pick of ours that draft, and that prediction has not aged well. :laugh:

I think there is some tremendous upside for a bottom 6 energy player there. Kid likes to play on the edge, but he's a more likeable personality then Lemieux. I think he likely spend at least 2 season in NCAA and then probably another season or two in the AHL before making the Jets but you never know.

Between Heinola, Nikkanen and Blaisdell the Jets had a pretty solid draft. Lundmark isn't horrible but the potential for him to ever make the NHL in a meaningful role is low IMO. He has decent 6-8 D potential but not much more.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I think there is some tremendous upside for a bottom 6 energy player there. Kid likes to play on the edge, but he's a more likeable personality then Lemieux. I think he likely spend at least 2 season in NCAA and then probably another season or two in the AHL before making the Jets but you never know.

Between Heinola, Nikkanen and Blaisdell the Jets had a pretty solid draft. Lundmark isn't horrible but the potential for him to ever make the NHL in a meaningful role is low IMO. He has decent 6-8 D potential but not much more.

I feel like you might be selling Lundmark a little short. He's been playing mostly top pairing in the SHL as an 18 (just turned 19 on the 8th) year old and had pretty decent numbers on the U20 team as a 17/18 year old with 17 in 25 while showing well internationally. On top of that he's a very good skater and is considered to be very sound positionally. He's looked pretty solid in the admittedly small sample I've seen him in. Looks like the type of defensive defenseman you want in the new NHL.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I feel like you might be selling Lundmark a little short. He's been playing mostly top pairing in the SHL as an 18 (just turned 19 on the 8th) year old and had pretty decent numbers on the U20 team as a 17/18 year old with 17 in 25 while showing well internationally. On top of that he's a very good skater and is considered to be very sound positionally. He's looked pretty solid in the admittedly small sample I've seen him in. Looks like the type of defensive defenseman you want in the new NHL.

In the games I watched I found his skating to be really awkward. He got some stuff done but he really needs to work on his stride and first few steps, speed wise he's good. His passing was up and down. He could make one really amazing stretch pass out of the zone and then cough up a massive pizza right in a high danger spot for a goal. I think physically he is great but his brain doesn't always fire on all cylinders. He plays a really safe game usually though and is typically in good position defensively but takes virtually no risks and rarely moves the puck himself. I don't think he will ever be a major offensive contributor at the next level. In the SE he seems to take a lot more risks but in the SHL he really limits it. That's why I think he is likely to be a 3rd pairing 6-8 kind of defender in the NHL.

Reactions: Atoyot

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Very difficult to make an assessment based on his point production with his SHL team - the team leader has 4 points in 9 games, and the top D has 2 points in 8 games (Lundmark has 1 point in 9 games). It's a very low scoring team in a low scoring league.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
...meanwhile, Nikkanen now leads his Jr. SM-Liiga U20 team in goals/game, and is 3rd among forwards in points/game. The two forwards slightly ahead of him in points/game are a year or two older.

It would be better if he were in the SM-Liiga, but at least he's starting to heat up in the next league.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont

Yeah, I was thinking at the time that Robertson would have been a nice fit instead of Lundmark.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
How legit is Nikkanen as a potential Jet?
He had the skill to be a potential first round pick but was injured a lot last season so he fell a lot, so it's kind of dependent on if he can stay healthy and if he hasn't lost too much development time already.

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016
Nathan Smith not in the lineup for Minnesota State this weekend, anybody now if he's hurt? Or is he in the press-box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad