Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects Thread 2018-19 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Being the #1 dman on a very high scoring team helps a lot, Vallati unfortunately is not off to a very hot start.

Watched one of their games the other day. Oshawa is just dissecting teams going undefeated through 9 games now and Vallati's superb two-way play has been a big reason for that. Nico Gross is getting a much larger share of PP time from the game I saw so that will likely affect Vallati's numbers but Oshawa looks really solid early on and Vallati looked great making plays at both ends of the ice.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Watched one of their games the other day. Oshawa is just dissecting teams going undefeated through 9 games now and Vallati's superb two-way play has been a big reason for that. Nico Gross is getting a much larger share of PP time from the game I saw so that will likely affect Vallati's numbers but Oshawa looks really solid early on and Vallati looked great making plays at both ends of the ice.
Vallati is paired up with (David) Jesus. Seems like a divine prospect.

Reactions: Anton Hipchekhov

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Being the #1 dman on a very high scoring team helps a lot, Vallati unfortunately is not off to a very hot start.

It isn't like Vallati has done nothing. 5 in 8 games is not terrible. He is 2nd on his team among Dmen.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
It isn't like Vallati has done nothing. 5 in 8 games is not terrible. He is 2nd on his team among Dmen.
For a good stretch of the season last year he was leading his team in points before falling off a bit, I guess I was just hoping that he'd come back to his early season point getting form but you're right that 5 in 8 isn't bad, and it's nice to hear the positive review from @Daximus as well!

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Wasn't he very close to making it last year?

No, I don't think he was.

Even this year he will be in tough

You have
Dobson,Smith,Bernard-Docker,McIsaac,Woo,Byram, and Harley. That is probably the guys on the inside looking out. Chisholm would have to either hope that someone is injured or still in the NHL. That isn't counting the other guys that they might be looking. Team Canada is a tough team to make

Reactions: mazmin

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
No, I don't think he was.

Even this year he will be in tough

You have
Dobson,Smith,Bernard-Docker,McIsaac,Woo,Byram, and Harley. That is probably the guys on the inside looking out. Chisholm would have to either hope that someone is injured or still in the NHL. That isn't counting the other guys that they might be looking. Team Canada is a tough team to make

I'm probably misremembering. I thought he was one of the last cuts. That is some pretty strong competition.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
His first goal was a pretty one

Game ended as a tie 4-4, also sounded like Nathan Smith was out for a good chunk of the 5 minute OT. They play again tomorrow.

Well that’s exciting! Should do wonders for his confidence at this level.

Reactions: None

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Well that’s exciting! Should do wonders for his confidence at this level.

He’s my dark horse pick for sure. Really liked his game at dev camp. So much skill and creativity and has the brain to put it all together.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Weird discrepancy with Nathan Smith's birthday. EliteProspects says he turned 21 yesterday, HockeyDB says he turns 21 today.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Weird discrepancy with Nathan Smith's birthday. EliteProspects says he turned 21 yesterday, HockeyDB says he turns 21 today.
He's a late bloomer and an old freshman, but he certainly made a big splash in his first NCAA game.

Last edited:

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Nathan Smith is such an interesting prospect. He started playing hockey so late that even though he's old for a freshman he still has a lot of development ahead of him. By the time Bryan Little's contract is off the books in 2024-25, Smith could have all four years in the NCAA complete plus one full year in the AHL (same path as Suess). He could be a nice cheap option at that point.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Won't happen but Is Samberg eligible as an emergency callup In case defense gets incredibly depleted?

Seem to recall this happened with an ohl goalie and dman a few years back.
Only if he signs pro contract. Then, he would forfeit his University eligibility and could not return to play at U of M-Duluth. So...who knows but it would be a defining decision byhim. Not a choice for the Jets to decide temporarily.

Reactions: hn777

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Blaisdell on the first line? Nice!
I didn’t see that coming.
Should be an excellent opportunity for him to showcase his abilitilies and improve his development. Right on! I am high on this kid as being a sleeper riser with a solid NHL career. Hopefully successful & as a *Jet!¥9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad