Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread (Part XVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
2A for Connor now. Not a single SOG though, which is a little shocking.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Can someone summarize how jet prospects did in thn top 75 issue? Connor at 9 that is all I know.

Connor at 9th overall.
Armia at 53rd overall.
Morrissey at 58th overall.
Dano at 64th overall.

Jets tied for 6th with Detroit, Columbus and Philly on THN's Best Drafter Chart.
Jets ranked at 5th overall in terms of Prospects with a B+ rating.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
When did this come out?

I got connections.
Sunglasses-Smiley.jpg

Just kidding. It's out online already just not on newstands you can get it on zinio for 2.99 right now.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Haven't been that impressed by Dano thus far. One game he threw his weight around quite a bit so that was good. But nothing has stood out as potential for next level stuff....hopefully that changes.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Haven't been that impressed by Dano thus far. One game he threw his weight around quite a bit so that was good. But nothing has stood out as potential for next level stuff....hopefully that changes.

Smart player with some good skills. I think he needs to improve his quickness and conditioning to stick in the NHL.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

We all had these notions about Armia as well and look how he uas progressed. I think Maurice gives the new guys certain objectives before he lets them fully go.
Dano is likely going to come out of his shell soon.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
That is exactly what I saw too Whileee. Perhaps a stint at Roberts camp and work on those aspects.

Roberts' camp is largely a Toronto boys club. Not sure he'd want to go there. Fortunately there are about a hundred or so other elite training centres in North America.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Roberts' camp is largely a Toronto boys club. Not sure he'd want to go there.[/B] Fortunately there are about a hundred or so other elite training centres in North America.

eh... why? Who cares? Scheifele went there two years in a row now and looks like a beast this season. Didn't seem to hurt his training :dunno:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
With Dano I think he just needs the first one to go in. I like what I see in his play but he needs a bounce to get his confidence rolling. I predict he will put up 6 points in the last 10 games of the season.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
eh... why? Who cares? Scheifele went there two years in a row now and looks like a beast this season. Didn't seem to hurt his training :dunno:

Scheifele is part of the club of course. Trouba for example, felt like an outsider.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
We all had these notions about Armia as well and look how he uas progressed. I think Maurice gives the new guys certain objectives before he lets them fully go.
Dano is likely going to come out of his shell soon.

Armia looked tentative in training camp. But he always looked like he had quick feet and hands and processed the game quickly. He needed to play with more intensity and aggressiveness. He's doing that now (including finishing every check), so he's become a real favourite of Maurice.

Dano looks like he lacks quickness, and more importantly, he gets gassed quickly and fades later in the game. He needs to work on his strength and fitness. He's only 21, but I think that he'll need to work on this diligently during this upcoming off-season or he might find it difficult to stick with the Jets next fall. I think he would die in a Maurice camp if he didn't improve his fitness.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I dont see the correlations. Marc Scheifele is part of the Toronto old boys club? Wut?

He was born in Kitchener, Ont. which is a short drive west of Toronto. He played junior in Barrie, a short drive north. That whole area is very much Toronto dominated.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
He was born in Kitchener, Ont. which is a short drive west of Toronto. He played junior in Barrie, a short drive north. That whole area is very much Toronto dominated.

I know he's from Ontario but how is a 23 year old young man drafted by the Winnipeg Jets and never have played a game for a major Toronto sports team part of the old boys club of Toronto?!?!?! Just because he grew up in Ontario? So Steven Stamkos is part of the Toronto old boys club as well? John Tavares, too?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I dont see the correlations. Marc Scheifele is part of the Toronto old boys club? Wut?

I imagine they just talk about how great Toronto is and how they all want to sign there as soon as they can... :sarcasm:

Truthfully though, Toronto's an awful place to be in the summer. I've never been hotter. It's like New Delhi but the traffic's worse. :laugh:

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I know he's from Ontario but how is a 23 year old young man drafted by the Winnipeg Jets and never have played a game for a major Toronto sports team part of the old boys club of Toronto?!?!?!

who said old?

Roberts' camp is dominated by local kids who largely grew up playing against each other and are very familiar with each other. Trouba isn't the first who decided he didn't fit in. It's unfortunate that Roberts decided to slander him to a dressing room full of Winnipeg beer-leagers at the Mike Keane Classic afterwards.

Truth is though, Roberts camp is no different than dozens of others around the continent and Scheifele's transformation is all down to Mark.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
who said old?

Roberts' camp is dominated by local kids who largely grew up playing against each other and are very familiar with each other. Trouba isn't the first who decided he didn't fit in. It's unfortunate that Roberts decided to slander him to a dressing room full of Winnipeg beer-leagers at the Mike Keane Classic afterwards.

Truth is though, Roberts camp is no different than dozens of others around the continent and Scheifele's transformation is all down to Mark.

Well, see, now it actually makes sense and I understand where you're coming from.

I added "old" because I never heard the term "Toronto boys club" without the old and I always heard about it in correlation to the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Well, see, now it actually makes sense and I understand where you're coming from.

I added "old" because I never heard the term "Toronto boys club" without the old and I always heard about it in correlation to the Toronto Maple Leafs.

me too cryptic?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad