Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread (Part XVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lablite47

Jan 22, 2013
Wpg
Hard not to like the guy and I generally agree with you......but,I'm not sure he has NHL hands.

That short handed breakaway deak a couple games ago where he nonchalauntly slips the puck between the goalies outstretched legs tells me otherwise.:naughty:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets graduated Ehlers, Hellebuyck and Copp from THN's prospect list this year - still ranked #5 prospect pool and Lemieux is at #7 from the Jets' list. That's a deep pool.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Jets graduated Ehlers, Hellebuyck and Copp from THN's prospect list this year - still ranked #5 prospect pool and Lemieux is at #7 from the Jets' list. That's a deep pool.

We'll probably get 3 very good ones, including one who'll be our best prospect immediately, in the draft as well. It's good that we have them to look forward to!:laugh:

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
PHP:
Unless they land Matthews or Laine, I probably won't have a new guy above Connor.

Agree, truck.

Though Pulijujarvi would likely be ranked higher than Connor. And if Connor turns out to be the better player, that's pretty exciting for us Jets fans. :popcorn:

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
I was curious where those optimists were, so I went to the Andrew Copp thread, and I can't find any Jets fans at all saying that. Was this on the main boards? Could you help me find this? All I could find on the Copp thread was hope that he would be an upgrade on Slater as an upside.

Thanks for your help.

It was a couple individuals (one in particular) not sure which thread. Maybe one of the old prospect threads.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Entirely possible. Edmonton has been on a lucky streak. Lucky streaks end.

Sorry I was confusing...

I meant that since Connor was drafted even later than the terrifying 'no-man's-land' there's no way he has the same amount of talent as someone who is drafted in a 'game-breaking', 'elite', 'franchise' draft position.

:sarcasm:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sorry I was confusing...

I meant that since Connor was drafted even later than the terrifying 'no-man's-land' there's no way he has the same amount of talent as someone who is drafted in a 'game-breaking', 'elite', 'franchise' draft position.

:sarcasm:

Sorry, I mistook it for more negativity about the lottery. We are in 3rd now but are playing a very bad team today.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Who thought Copp could be a 2C? I don't recall anyone saying that.
He has been a decent replacement for Slater and still has some upside given his age. His ceiling is a 3C I think.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Who thought Copp could be a 2C? I don't recall anyone saying that.
He has been a decent replacement for Slater and still has some upside given his age. His ceiling is a 3C I think.

Button said it was possible once.

A poster who was banned from here (but still creeps and tweets about his creeping) defended Button, and eventually agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad