Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2013-2014 (Part VIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Kosmo AND Petan ahead of Lowry?

Fascinating.

I think they are going to take their time with Lowry. He may have the ability to make it, but he is still developing as a centre.

Kossy is a bull and he scores goals. He could kick the door down. Petan should ge given a few games before being sent down - doubt he makes the team though.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So was Connor Hellofagoalie going to St. John's or what was going on with that?

I don't have links, but I heard he headed out for a week or something then went back to school to finish his exams. He'll be in the pro mix next year somewhere, depends on what the Jets do. Right now Pavelec, Hutchinson and Olkinuora are under contract for next year, with Hutchinson and Pasquale as RFA's. We'll see what happens, but teams very rarely go with more than 5 goalies in the pro system. We'll see, IMO Hellebuyck should be in Ontario (or better yet somewhere where they are NOT sharing an ECHL affliate) in ECHL to get more games to start next year.

jetkarma*

If Lowry's best year is as good as Antro's worst year I'll be thrilled.

Really?

Thrilled ? or was that comment more a reflection on how a lot of fans perceived Antoro's game , especially here in Wpg?

Personally I would not be thrilled , I hope his best years will be better than Nik 's worse ones.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Really?

Thrilled ? or was that comment more a reflection on how a lot of fans perceived Antoro's game , especially here in Wpg?

Personally I would not be thrilled , I hope his best years will be better than Nik 's worse ones.
Nik put up .45 points per game or more in almost every year of his career. He was a pretty darn good top 6 player in the NHL for a decade - every year from 22-32 years old.

Very few have ever projected Lowry to be a top 6 forward, so yes - I would be thrilled if Lowry ever sniffed that.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
I don't have links, but I heard he headed out for a week or something then went back to school to finish his exams. He'll be in the pro mix next year somewhere, depends on what the Jets do. Right now Pavelec, Hutchinson and Olkinuora are under contract for next year, with Hutchinson and Pasquale as RFA's. We'll see what happens, but teams very rarely go with more than 5 goalies in the pro system. We'll see, IMO Hellebuyck should be in Ontario (or better yet somewhere where they are NOT sharing an ECHL affliate) in ECHL to get more games to start next year.

I'm really looking forward to see how much Don Cherry is going to butcher Connor's last name when he makes it to the show, should be a doozy

jetkarma*

Nik put up .45 points per game or more in almost every year of his career. He was a pretty darn good top 6 player in the NHL for a decade - every year from 22-32 years old.

Very few have ever projected Lowry to be a top 6 forward, so yes - I would be thrilled if Lowry ever sniffed that.

But that isn't what you said , with respect , and imo he was not always a pretty darn good top 6 player , he was mediocre at least some of that time. Other times he was an ok top 6 , that didn't bring some aspects Lowry may be able to .

He also missed a lot of games which sometimes can't be helped but some players simply stay and play healthier than others, Lowry could/should be able to bring other parts to the game that Nik simply didn't. So imo I would not be happy if Nik's worse was Lowry's best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad