Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2013-2014 (Part VIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Yea it does make sense for our fan base to start over reacting now to Nic's highs and lowes just in case he makes the parent club one day so we will be prepped for our GDT and PGT's

:sarcasm:

He won. Its the WINZ turning his game around. He probably also started trying hard again. Everyone knows the only thing that separates the winners from the losers is how much heart you have and how many lunch-pails you carry. Petan probably went and bought like 5 lunch pails yesterday.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
He won. Its the WINZ turning his game around. He probably also started trying hard again. Everyone knows the only thing that separates the winners from the losers is how much heart you have and how many lunch-pails you carry. Petan probably went and bought like 5 lunch pails yesterday.

lunch-pail-club.jpg

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Nic's second goal, what a snipe. 3rd one, gotta be good to be lucky.

That was a pretty sweet move though and shows some pretty spectacular offensive chutzpa to attempt that kind of through the legs backhanded goal.

Maybe Nic reads Hf Jets and could see that some were getting a little worried about his slight dip in production and decided to turn it up a notch :sarcasm:

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Question for you all

If Adam Lowry made the Jets next year and played exactly like Nik Antropov did for the Jets in the first two years would you be dissapointed?

I never thought Antro was that bad personally just maybe making too much coin for his output

If Lowry never amounted to more than Antro's performance in year 1 and year 2 except being a little more physical what would you think?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Nic Antropov was a possession positive demon for us, and excelled at trolling the opposing team. I would love it if he were at least at Antropov's level.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Question for you all

If Adam Lowry made the Jets next year and played exactly like Nik Antropov did for the Jets in the first two years would you be dissapointed?

I never thought Antro was that bad personally just maybe making too much coin for his output

If Lowry never amounted to more than Antro's performance in year 1 and year 2 except being a little more physical what would you think?

That would be beyond a huge win for us. I would be really happy if that happened 2 seasons from now. Nic averaged .5 PPG for us which would slot Adam in as a 40 point player. :yo:

Nic was criminally under rated by the haters

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I always loved Antro, footspeed was definitely a problem, but I loved the game he played.

Not sure that's Lowry's game, but Blomqvist may be closer comparison to Antro. Uses his immense size for possession more than banging bodies. Doesn't quite have the troll game Antro had that I loved.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
See this is what I thought, so many people (not necessarily on here) were always ragging on Antro but if a young prospect played like him they would think what a great young player.

I have a buddy I always argued with over Antro

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Question for you all

I was always an Antropov fan.

I'd sit right beside Antropov haters and never see what they were seeing, somehow.

So, no, I wouldn't be disappointed.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
That would be beyond a huge win for us. I would be really happy if that happened 2 seasons from now. Nic averaged .5 PPG for us which would slot Adam in as a 40 point player. :yo:

Nic was criminally under rated by the haters
Fun fact:
Nic Antropov posted a more points per game in his two years as a Jet than Michael Frolik did this year.

Super bonus fun fact:
Same is true for Kyle Wellwood.

Last edited:

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg
If Lowry turns into an Antropov so soon, I'd be thrilled.

Also, low res but if anyone wants a gif of that dirty Petan between the legs goal:

WrUEnIK.gif

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
See this is what I thought, so many people (not necessarily on here) were always ragging on Antro but if a young prospect played like him they would think what a great young player.

I have a buddy I always argued with over Antro

Yea I think the haters saw a slowish skater who made allot of money and they thought he was lazy. In reality he was a very smart player who had enough speed to get to the right spot in time. I thought he was awesome in our D zone keeping his head and making smart plays to push possession up ice. I thought he was excellent in the O zone at board battles, cycling, nobody could shield like Nic, and making smart plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad