Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2013-2014 (Part VI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetkarma*

You also build history and trust. As drafts come and go what or how emphatic a certain scout is or was about different players can be measured by where they currently are and where you project them to be.

We all know the famous story of a scout that told his GM if you don't draft * this player * if he is there when we pick , you have my resignation. It doesn't have to be that dramatic but you can and should learn from history , which is what I believe is happening in Winnipeg.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Hey guys, just noticed that Trouba has only played 8 games this year. What gives? Never been high on him, but I realize he's a great prospect and I'm curious.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'd trade our entire 2013 class for an 18 year old Kovalchuk. Pretty easily too.
I miss Kovy. :cry:
He's my #4 favourite player even still. I watch the KHL just because of him. In terms of longevity, he's been one of - if not my favourite - players basically since he came into the league. I became a Thrashers, then later a Devils fan because of him. He's the player I've loved for the longest, since Subban, Couture and Price are much newer to the league than Kovy.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Injury. It was pretty big deal and got lots of media attention.

Head first in the boards.

Ouch... I can't believe I missed that. I'm usually pretty up-to-date on everything hockey related. I hope he recovers well. What sort of injury? Hopefully not a concussion - I've had one, and those just plain suck.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Ouch... I can't believe I missed that. I'm usually pretty up-to-date on everything hockey related. I hope he recovers well. What sort of injury? Hopefully not a concussion - I've had one, and those just plain suck.
Spinal ligament tear. No damage to the spinal cord, but it was a close call. Should be back playing in a week or two and hopefully will not produce long term pain or disability.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He's practising with the team, and Noel said next week.
I hope it doesn't affect him at all. I'm jealous though - I'd love to have him on either of my teams.
Spinal ligament tear. No damage to the spinal cord, but it was a close call. Should be back playing in a week or two and hopefully will not produce long term pain or disability.

Wow you really make it sound bad. But I truly hope he's alright - though I'm no fan of his, I have no reason to dislike the guy.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

Really? I thought that they called it strained/bruised neck muscles. A spinal ligament tear sounds more serious than just needing a neck brace for 2 weeks.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I think intuitively people rank a sprain as less severe than a tear. Although they're really the same thing, it's a matter of degree. Calling it a sprain implies there was minimal tearing, calling it a tear implies a significant amount of tearing, at least intuitively. But it's definitely the case that there's no reason to believe the org. was being wilfully dishonest.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Really? I thought that they called it strained/bruised neck muscles. A spinal ligament tear sounds more serious than just needing a neck brace for 2 weeks.

It was a neck sprain, but Kramer tried to fix it and only made it worse in the end. How Newman got the bike is beyond me?

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
I think intuitively people rank a sprain as less severe than a tear. Although they're really the same thing, it's a matter of degree. Calling it a sprain implies there was minimal tearing, calling it a tear implies a significant amount of tearing, at least intuitively. But it's definitely the case that there's no reason to believe the org. was being wilfully dishonest.

A lot of people misunderstand the terms sprain or strain.

I often hear people say, "Oh, he just had a sprain." as if it's nothing. When I hear that, what I understand from it is that I don't have much information at all.

A sprain does nothing to denote the degree of damage or disability. Some sprains can be much more serious than some fractures, for example.

Sprains are damage to ligaments, and the term itself carries no information on the EXTENT of damage. (They can leave life-long damage.)

For what it's worth, a strain is muscle and/or tendon related, and again, doesn't give any information on the degree of damage, even though it also can be major.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Copp 2G
JST 1G
Hellebuyck 40 save shutout

Lodge 1G, 1A
Kossy 1A

That is an attractive night so far....glad to see Lodge warming up after the early injury issues....Copp is really having a good season in Michigan.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Definitely much more interesting to follow the prospects these days than it was back in 2011 :D

Also wow:
Hockey East ‏@hockey_east 12m
Hellebuyck has more career shutouts (8) than losses (6), and has averaged a shutout every four games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad