Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I keep saying this but no one cares :'(
I think he'll be used similarly to how Carlyle used Kadri. Third line very sheltered, but sometimes given some 2nd line work.
I also think he'll do very well there :)

He'll get mostly "middle 6" time IMO as well. Don't see him playing top line time at all. Anywhere from 10-15 mins a game early on. Maybe more near the end of the season but he'll likely be eased into things.

Agree completely - he'll have a bit of a transition to make, but he's got some skills that the Jets could really use. His one timer is great, his shot is truly NHL quality, he sees the ice really well, and thinks the game quickly. Give him some time adjusting to the speed of the NHL, and I'm almost positive he'll push for the 2C position next year. He was 2PPG from the start of December this year, and I think a little above that after being sent back down.

Really hoping the Colts can win everything this year - would be a great way for him to finish his Junior career. Then: skating and packing on pounds to get ready for TC next year. :nod:

I think how he sees the ice and how he seems to be in the right spot at the right time will be huge early on for him. Some other things might not come along right away but those two things I think will get him through the early season and keep his ice time to at least a decent level.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I think how he sees the ice and how he seems to be in the right spot at the right time will be huge early on for him. Some other things might not come along right away but those two things I think will get him through the early season and keep his ice time to at least a decent level.

Absolutely correct. He is ALWAYS on the open side of the net waiting for a cross-crease pass or rebound to put it in the gaping net. We really have no one that does this currently, everyone hounds the puck. Look at his goal against Toronto or preseason goals. Always there.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Upcoming games for the next 2 days. Wonder if Barrie can sweep another series? *knocks on wood*

They're really rolling now.

Monday, April 8

No prospect games.

Tuesday, April 9

Barrie Colts @ Oshawa Generals
Round 2 Game 4 - Colts lead 3-0
6:05 CST

Belleville Bulls @ Sudbury Wolves
Round 2 Game 3 - Bulls lead 2-0
6:30 CST

Kelowna Rockets @ Kamloops Blazers
Round 2 Game 3 - Blazers lead 2-0
9:00 CST

Blainville-Boisbriand Armada @ Val-D'or Foreurs
Round 2 Game 3 - Armada lead 2-0

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I kind of expected it from Belleville and London, but the Barrie series is surprising me. Oshawa is no pushover and I think many expected them to be evenly matched. Even when the Colts had an iffy game (Game 1) they came back and won it.

A little surprised by the London one. Kitchener is nothing to scoff at. That series should go 6 or 7 games.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Barrie Colts 4 - Oshawa Generals 2
Game 4 - Colts win series 4-0 :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Last Updated: Final

Player|Goals|Assists|Points|+/-|PIM
Mark Scheifele |0|0|0|+2|0

Belleville Bulls 4 - Sudbury Wolves 0
Game 3 - Bulls lead 3-0

Austen Brassard |0|0|0|+0|0

Kelowna Rockets 4 - Kamloops Blazers 5
Game 3 - Blazers lead 3-0
Last Updated: Final OT

Ryan Olsen |1|0|1|+1|2

1. KEL R. Olsen, (1) , 15:55 (SH)
2 - KEL R. Olsen, 13:08 - Roughing, 2 min (PP)

Blainville-Boisbriand Armada 5 - Val-D'or Foreurs 0
Game 3 - Armada lead 3-0

Yasin Cisse |1|0|1|+1|2

1. BLB Yasin Cisse, (1) (Samuel Hodhod, Danick Martel), 13:14
2 - BLB Yasin Cisse, 11:06 - Delay of game, (1.81)

Upcoming Games

Wednesday, April 10

Kelowna Rockets @ Kamloops Blazers
Round 2 Game 4 - Blazers lead 2-0 at this time
9:00 CST

Blainville-Boisbriand Armada vs. Val-D'or Foreurs
Round 2 Game 4 - Armada lead 3-0

Thursday, April 11

Quinnipiac vs. St. Cloud State
NCAA National Semifinals - Frozen Four
7:00 CST

UMass Lowell vs. Yale
3:30 CST

Round 2 Game 4 - Bulls lead 3-0

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
And Barrie completes the sweep. Final score 4-2. Woo!

Wow that sweep is surprising. too bad they didb't eat a few more of the suspended games up for their captain but I guess the rest is a good thing on a playoff run.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Wow that sweep is surprising. too bad they didb't eat a few more of the suspended games up for their captain but I guess the rest is a good thing on a playoff run.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Other than injury risk, going a few more games could have helped them.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Nice to see 55 having some playoff success. The next round will be a doozie.

jetkarma*

Those are outstanding numbers , and that he did that as a freshman is even more significant.

Regardless of the level of play , those would be incredible , to make it to the Final Four and have those numbers is pretty amazing. Don't want to presume things but if he has a year next year even similar to this one , we have a bonafide prospect in Goal.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articl...a-title-assured-of-going-to-first-time-winner

Good paragraph on our Conner Hellebuyck "FRESHMAN SENSATION" in this NCAA preview

sv% .953
GA 1.31
winning % (.909)

Also JST:

Another notable forward to watch is junior Jordan Samuels-Thomas (WPG). The power forward from West Hartford, CT leads the Bobcats with 16 goals and ranks third on the team with 27 points. Samuels-Thomas has been one of the Bobcats’ clutch performers all season. His five game-winners lead the team while his six power-play tallies co-lead the team.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Kelowna Rockets 3 - Kamloops Blazers 4
Round 2 Game 4 - Blazers win series 4-0 :(
Last Updated: Final OT

Ryan Olsen |0|0|0|-1|2

2 - KEL R. Olsen, 4:36 - Interference, 2 min (PP)

Blainville-Boisbriand Armada 2 - Val-D'or Foreurs 1
Round 2 Game 4 - Armada win series 4-0

Yasin Cisse |0|0|0|+0|2

2 - BLB Yasin Cisse, 8:04 - Checking to the head, (1.52) (PP)

Upcoming Games

Thursday, April 11

Quinnipiac vs. St. Cloud State
7:00 CST

UMass Lowell vs. Yale
3:30 CST

Round 2 Game 4 - Bulls lead 3-0

Friday, April 12

No prospect games.

Last edited:

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Kelowna vs. Kamloops on Shaw Winnipeg HD ch #304 tonight, FYI. The game is just about to begin.

Trying to watch on channel #9, so far its just random shaw advertisements. Is the game actually playing on #304?

Edit: Nevermind, mines playing now. Apparently those random shaw advertisements were just that, commercials :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad