1979_avco_cup_reunion.jpg

1979 Winnipeg Jets reunite - kenoraonline.com

Reactions: DowntownBooster

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
cut.jpg

From left to right in the above photo: Kim Clackson, John Gray, Steve West, Roland Eriksson, Markus Mattsson, Mike Amodeo, Willy Lindstrom

"It's so important for us to have our alumni involved in what we are doing," noted Anders Strome, Director of Player & Alumni Relations with the Winnipeg Jets. "Given that these players were the last ones to win a professional hockey championship in Winnipeg, they hold a special place in the hearts of our fans. To have them come back to visit not only reconnects them with the city and our fans, but with our organization and team."

1979 Avco Cup Champion Jets visit Bell MTS Place

Reactions: DowntownBooster

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
I thought this bump would be about old Jets 1.0 winning in Winnipeg for the first time. A neat little historical oddity, perhaps the longest times between wins in any one city for a franchise?

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Winnipeg Jets owner Mark Chipman said McDonald’s remarks are similar to what others have offered Hawerchuk for words of encouragement.
“Dale Hawerchuk is royalty in the history of the Winnipeg Jets,” Chipman said. “He put that team on the map and he’s continued to be an incredible alumnus for us is so many respects and we’re very, very proud to have him as a part of our group.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Fond memories of the Jets growing up at the Winnipeg Arena.
My dad's work had season tickets for the Jets, they were about 5 rows from the glass boards.

My first game I was in grade 1, the Jets lost to the Calgary Flames.
Some lady was screaming to move their behinds, while some husky skinny dude in a mustache kept on yelling "COME ON JETS!"

I annoyed some guy by kicking his seat, he told me to stop it about 5 times :laugh:

Reactions: Guardian17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad