Winnipeg Jets History

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
The numbers may be displayed, but they are not retired. They are in active use by the Coyotes.

at least they are there still. which of the relocated franchises doesn't even acknowledge the former location? carolina i assume? now that i think about it, warren rychel wore goulet's 16 in colorado right?

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Ed Olczyk, Daniel Berthiaume and Dan Maloney added to the Winnipeg Jets' lineup for the Heritage Classic Alumni Game.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Article on the Hot Line.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/entertainment/books/a-starry-night-397096041.html

NEP1480736.jpg

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Nothing against Winnipeg, but if you take away Hull and I guess you can add Nilsson and Hedberg, how many others would be considered "stars" within the NHL other than Hawerchuk? Selanne, for the brief time he was there I guess.

angrymnky

May 31, 2011
Winnipeg
Housley's in the Hall of Fame so you have to include him ;)
Steen would be the best of the rest of the Jets. He had good numbers considering the terrible wingers he had to play with.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Nothing against Winnipeg, but if you take away Hull and I guess you can add Nilsson and Hedberg, how many others would be considered "stars" within the NHL other than Hawerchuk? Selanne, for the brief time he was there I guess.

Maybe Tkachuk? He did have some good years in Winnipeg.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/jets-bobby-hull-hall-fame-debate-1.3698139

Interesting commentary on an article written by Colin Fast on why Hull should not be inducted because of his off ice behavior. Begs the question, is it a hockey HOF and/or whether it should include a citizens in good standing merit.

not a Hull fan--he was a ***** no arguing that fact--but if I am not mistaken

Hull has never been convicted of anything--plead guilty for punching a cop--this happened after his career was over

Grant Fuhr got suspended for drug use and Glenn Anderson--well --either you know or you do not know--and the guys who put these guys in the hockey hall of fame--did know what they did

Without Bobby Hull--there is no jets in the NHL

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
not a Hull fan--he was a ***** no arguing that fact--but if I am not mistaken

Hull has never been convicted of anything--plead guilty for punching a cop--this happened after his career was over

Grant Fuhr got suspended for drug use and Glenn Anderson--well --either you know or you do not know--and the guys who put these guys in the hockey hall of fame--did know what they did

Without Bobby Hull--there is no jets in the NHL

That's true, the history of the Winnipeg Jets starts with Bobby Hull.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

Robert (Bob) Earle Essensa for one. There are literally dozens ... a banquet to choose from Big Guy. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad