GDT: Winnipeg Jets at the Dallas Northstars, 7:30pm CT, TSN 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
How awesome would it be if we wore these jerseys tonight.

winnipeg-jets-heritage-classic-jerseys.jpg

It is so obvious to me that those uniforms are head and shoulders just plain better than the standard ones that I can't believe Chipman can fail to see it.

I remember thinking when I first heard of Jets 2.0 colour scheme that it sounded a little drab. But when I saw them for the first time I was pleasantly surprised. I am not a hater of the standard Jets 2.0 uniforms. But these are just so effing gorgeous! :laugh:

I could see tinkering with them a bit so that the new standard would not be identical to the HC ones. Maybe a different logo patch which could be this, :jetsor not. Maybe a little different striping on the pants, etc. But basically this.

Could be a money maker. Drop the Aviator 3rd jersey (sorry all you who purchased one of them). Next HC jersey would be based on the current Jets 2.0 jersey, a flashback to 2011. :laugh: Then, in a couple of years come out with a new 3rd jersey based on these, like maybe a red based version, for instance.

I do have 1 problem with the 'home' blue HC jerseys. I find the red numbers hard to read on TV in any wider shots. Fine when they move in closer. Maybe a slightly wider band of white outline would fix that. But if that can't be fixed, I can live with squinting a bit to figure out that Scheifele is still 55, not 99. :laugh:

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Good and bad news.

Good: Radulov appears to be a healthy scratch tonight.

Bad: Stars fans seem to think Radulov has been utter garbage this season.

Good: the stats dont seem to agree with that narrative.

Radulov always scares me a little. Seems like he might make a goal out of nothing at any time. Or maybe it is just that he is ugly. :laugh:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Ehlers would likely get his backside handed to him but think he would put up a valiant effort
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be very stupid for Ehlers to fight Benn - who weighs about 50-60 pounds more than him. The Jets can't afford to lose a guy like Ehlers with a broken face or body. Let Lowry fight Benn -- he'd take him on.

Ehlers would probably try to fight him --which is not good.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Ok you big beautiful bastards i'm gonna put my incredible 2-0 record for GDT's on the line so consider this game won by the Jets already . :nod: Oh , welcome to Winnipeg Nick Shore , if you are wondering what that weird smell is that's the smell of a winner , i know you wouldn't have smelt that before coming from Toronto . :naughty: GO JETS GO !!!

Reactions: Jets 31

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
It is so obvious to me that those uniforms are head and shoulders just plain better than the standard ones that I can't believe Chipman can fail to see it.

I remember thinking when I first heard of Jets 2.0 colour scheme that it sounded a little drab. But when I saw them for the first time I was pleasantly surprised. I am not a hater of the standard Jets 2.0 uniforms. But these are just so effing gorgeous! :laugh:

I could see tinkering with them a bit so that the new standard would not be identical to the HC ones. Maybe a different logo patch which could be this, :jetsor not. Maybe a little different striping on the pants, etc. But basically this.

Could be a money maker. Drop the Aviator 3rd jersey (sorry all you who purchased one of them). Next HC jersey would be based on the current Jets 2.0 jersey, a flashback to 2011. :laugh: Then, in a couple of years come out with a new 3rd jersey based on these, like maybe a red based version, for instance.

I do have 1 problem with the 'home' blue HC jerseys. I find the red numbers hard to read on TV in any wider shots. Fine when they move in closer. Maybe a slightly wider band of white outline would fix that. But if that can't be fixed, I can live with squinting a bit to figure out that Scheifele is still 55, not 99. :laugh:

I love this sub-debate on the jersey iterations. I find the various opinions really interesting. As a fan who adopted the Jets when we moved here in '73 (first live game was NY Golden Blades!) I've loved every version of the uniforms. I am definitely an outlier here, because I adore the Aviator version. I think they look fantastic on TV, and the shade of blue is really unique.

Honestly, I'll be happy with whichever style, because they're our Winnipeg Jets, version now.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad