Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
giphy.gif
Brilliant again sir , just brilliant . :laugh:

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
See how fun these plain jane GDT's threads are , you can go with whatever theme you want . That's my story and i'm sticking to it . :naughty:

Takes a lot of effort to give people so much freedom! Missed the last game due to being at the Panthers-Wild game (and missed most of that game watching after the baby). This one I'll be watching though - hoping to see something as good as the last game seems to have been!

Reactions: Jets 31

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Ah the North Stars. I remember them well. My grade 10 Geography teacher was a huge Habs fan back in the day. I found him quite irritating (he's a decent guy and a good teacher) so I went out and bought a North Stars jersey for the playoff round. He was not amused. I was. :D Turned out there was this redhead that was a Northstars fan as well so it may well still be the best jersey purchase I ever made.

Love those North Stars jerseys and logo. My first real, strong memory of watching hockey and LOVING it was the 1981 cup finals so I have a soft spot for the North Stars. Hate the current incarnation though lol.

I declared myself a Jets fan in 1982 when we briefly lived near Edmonton and I couldn't stand seeing the Oilers and Gretzky EVERYWHERE, plus I had to make myself stand out to my grade 2 class for some reason ("I'm from Manitoba!" etc)

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Ok you big beautiful bastards i'm gonna put my incredible 2-0 record for GDT's on the line so consider this game won by the Jets already . :nod: Oh , welcome to Winnipeg Nick Shore , if you are wondering what that weird smell is that's the smell of a winner , i know you wouldn't have smelt that before coming from Toronto . :naughty: GO JETS GO !!!

source.gif

GJG

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Good and bad news.

Good: Radulov appears to be a healthy scratch tonight.

Bad: Stars fans seem to think Radulov has been utter garbage this season.

Good: the stats dont seem to agree with that narrative.

He's gotten 7 of his points in two games. So he has 8 points in the other 27 games. He loves to take useless slashing penalties and his offensive zone penalties are rage-inducing. 15 points in 29 games is not good enough, no matter how much he appears to be hustling.

But Seguin and especially Benn need this treatment too. They are playing extremely lacklustre. Benn is a ghost out there most of the time.

Reactions: Jets 31 and hn777

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
He's gotten 7 of his points in two games. So he has 8 points in the other 27 games. He loves to take useless slashing penalties and his offensive zone penalties are rage-inducing. 15 points in 29 games is not good enough, no matter how much he appears to be hustling.

But Seguin and especially Benn need this treatment too. They are playing extremely lacklustre. Benn is a ghost out there most of the time.
Dont get me wrong, I think the benching might be the right thing for the Stars long term. He's a quality player though, especially in terms of pushing the play, so the Stars are clearly a worse team with him than without, IMO.:D

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Pre-game audio:

Players: Beaulieu, Pionk and Sbisa.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Lineup changes? Plan for Nick Shore? What does Nathan bring to the blueline? On the carryover from Tuesday's game that the Stars will bring to the game tonight. Would he like to see more home and home or back to back games? How has Nikolaj Ehlers taken his game to the next level? On Ehlers going to the dirty areas. Importance of shot blocking. More on the Nick Shore waiver claim.

To listen click here.

Reactions: hn777

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Could be an interesting game, perhaps all the upcoming milestones will be achieved tonight (minus Little). Morrissey with the game of his life:yo:
0oFFz29.png

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad