Post-Game Talk: Winnipeg Jets at New York Rangers - March 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I’ve always been a fan, but he’s struggling to take that next step in his evolution.

There are flashes of the player he could be - a nice third line center. But he’s struggled in his consistency and his ability to step up from a fourth line role.

He looks timid out there and it’s obvious his confidence is shot.

Fair. It’s fascinating, in a sort of bad way, that sometimes a lack of progress causes a player to go backwards. I mean, a good 4th liner who can play an occasional game as a 3rd liner is still a valuable player. But he’s not even a good 4th liner anymore.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Fair. It’s fascinating, in a sort of bad way, that sometimes a lack of progress causes a player to go backwards. I mean, a good 4th liner who can play an occasional game as a 3rd liner is still a valuable player. But he’s not even a good 4th liner anymore.

We look a lot at individual talent and the truth is that a lot of success can also come down to timing - being in the right place at the right time, with the right coach, in the right role, in the right system.

Like a lot of situations, be it a job or a relationship or whatever, once you fall behind it can be very difficult to get back into a groove.

In Lindberg’s case, he’s reaching an age where there are younger talents, players with more intriguing upsides or guys who simply have a much better grasp on who they are as NHL players.

IMO, Lindberg is a guy who is trying to play like what worked in the AHL is going to work in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad