GDT: Winnipeg Jets at Los Angeles Kings - January 10, 2015 - 7:00 p.m. (PST)

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
The Mayor John Hoven @mayorNHL
· 3m 3 minutes ago
From what I'm told, no decision made yet on Kings callup(s) from Manchester. Very likely coming though, stay tuned.

So I assumed it would be Shore but maybe ??? Van Der Gulik??
God I hope they don't bring up Bissonette...

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
The Mayor John Hoven @mayorNHL
· 3m 3 minutes ago
From what I'm told, no decision made yet on Kings callup(s) from Manchester. Very likely coming though, stay tuned.

So I assumed it would be Shore but maybe ??? Van Der Gulik??
God I hope they don't bring up Bissonette...

Bissonette belongs nowhere near an NHL roster.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

ch Hammond
‏@Rich_Hammond Pearson headed to IR with broken left ankle. Shore on the way. No timetable on Toffoli, not officially on IR.

Rich Hammond @Rich_Hammond
· 2m 2 minutes ago
Kings have amended…Tanner Pearson actually has a broken left fibula.

· 20m 20 minutes ago
Re: Pearson, not that all injuries are the same, but Jordan Staal missed a bit more than 3 months with broken fibula.

Last edited:

cali101

Nov 23, 2014

ch Hammond
‏@Rich_Hammond Pearson headed to IR with broken left ankle. Shore on the way. No timetable on Toffoli, not officially on IR.

· 2m 2 minutes ago

so it this official then?

Chain

Feb 2, 2014

ch Hammond

· 2m 2 minutes ago

Relative to what it could have been, that's good news. He could potentially be back for the playoffs.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Sutter is not going to play a guy that has missed three months with serious injury and is working back into game shape during a playoff run.

Pearson's season is most likely done.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Sutter is not going to play a guy that has missed three months with serious injury and is working back into game shape during a playoff run.

Not quite, if and that's a gigantic IF, the Kings make it to the finals I can see Sutter giving sheltered 4th line minutes to TP.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
@Rich_Hammond: Pearson/Toffoli have scored 24 of Kings' 118 goals, so Kings just lost 20.3% of their offense.

Ouch. Lot of guys better step it up if this Kings team wants to get into the playoffs.

Chain

Feb 2, 2014

Depends how bad it is. He could be back in as little as 6-8 weeks, or he could be like Staal and take 3 months. The playoffs start about 3 months from now. There's a decent chance he'll be back in good enough shape to start the playoffs with limited minutes and build up from there. Especially if the Kings aren't getting any production out of their bottom wingers.

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
@Rich_Hammond: Pearson/Toffoli have scored 24 of Kings' 118 goals, so Kings just lost 20.3% of their offense.

Ouch. Lot of guys better step it up if this Kings team wants to get into the playoffs.

And 13 out of 24 goals were scored in first 10 games and only 4 in last 15 games...

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
And 13 out of 24 goals were scored in first 10 games and only 4 in last 15 games...

It also shows you how much this team has struggled that even with Pearson and Toffoli cooling down, they still accounted for a majority of the team's goals when it came to offense generated from their wingers.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Forgot to update Herby's Green Jacket award.

Brown -9 (still leading the way Cap)
Richards -9 (Catching you Cap)
King -7
Muzzin -7 (Muzz... seriously ?)

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Richards needs to use some of that $5.7 million and buy some vitamin C or take a long walk and get some vitamin D.

Guy made a very wise life decision to be with a Doctor.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
It's amazing what happens when your shootout guys score, you tend to win the game. I'd love to know how many times we had a chance to win the shootout, and missed out.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Depends how bad it is. He could be back in as little as 6-8 weeks, or he could be like Staal and take 3 months. The playoffs start about 3 months from now. There's a decent chance he'll be back in good enough shape to start the playoffs with limited minutes and build up from there. Especially if the Kings aren't getting any production out of their bottom wingers.

Isn't this what happened to Stamkos?

Chain

Feb 2, 2014
Isn't this what happened to Stamkos?

Thankfully, no. There's actually a significant difference if Pearson just broke his fibula as the information released stated.

Stamkos broke his tibia. The lower leg consists of both the tibia and the fibula, but the tibula is the larger stronger bone and bears the vast majority of the weight, if I remember right like 80%+ of your bodyweight. The fibula is a much smaller and weaker bone that's on the outside of the tibia. It's easier to break but the good news, in Pearson's case, is that it's usually not as serious a break. Reggie Bush (NFL) broke his fibula a couple seasons ago and missed 8 weeks of the season. Tyson Chandler (NBA) broke his fibula last year and missed something like 30 games. Factors like the type of fracture & location can vary so Pearson's return might not fall in that same time period but Staal's fibula fracture was pretty bad and he was back in 3 months. Hopefully Pearson's is like that or less. If the tibia were involved, all else being equal, it's likely he'd be out longer.

But I'm not a doctor or a physical therapist and it's not like I've seen Pearson's x-rays or anything. My opinion is based on being an exercise science major in college and working with the strength coach in the university's strength & conditioning facility and as a trainer. So my opinion is far from gospel.

I broke my fibula at my ankle from a slap shot and continued to walk and play hockey on it for a month before going to the doctor. It only hurt when I put my skates on. I did the tough mudder while it was broken and that is why I finally ended up at the doctor. My ankle was swollen from the soft tissue rubbing against the fracture. I was shocked when the doctor told me it was broken but I guess it isn't weight bearing. Hopefully he didn't do any damage to the soft tissue because it should only take a few months to heal the bone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad